"Shocks" Strange engineering problem...

CHICKS75

Crippled
Established Member
So I received the rear 10 way adj "873-S6000EM" in fri and went to install them but either I'm an idiot or these are the wrong shock?? what’s up how did you guy install these? :shrug:

What was in the box was the shock, 2 bushings, 2 washers & 1 nut "SMALLER THAT THE STOCK"??? :??:

There is no welded nut on the stud shaft on the upper part of the shock, so how do you tighten it down. :??:
Is this even the right shock???? I have a basic pic if one would like to host to better explain.

Thanks,
J.C.

Last edited:

CHICKS75

Crippled
Established Member
40 views and nobody has any advice or are running the strange 10 way????

come on fellas the truck has been sittin on stands since fri????

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
I have never installed these.. but my aftermarket drop shocks seem similar to what you're saying.. i managed to tighten mine down enough by clamping the shaft at the top with some rubber pliers..

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
the driver side is a pain in the @#$ to install. i installed mine at a friends shop. my friend had a set of tools that we used that helped. part of it was like a hexstock that slid over the nut on top side. you used a wrench on that part to hold the nut still. then it had another piece of hex that went over the end of the shaft and you turned it with a wrench. possibly you could get a ratchet wrench on the nut and a pair of pliers of vise grips on the shaft. passenger side is easy to get too.

CHICKS75

Crippled
Established Member
Thank you!!! All three of you for replying. :beer:

Thats the idea I had but I didn't want to damage the stud.

Anyone else who installed these have ant suggestions???

For an engineering company they sure don't think of the one armed man working on his shit!!!!

Last edited:

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
the stud had a flat on it so maybe you cold find a wrench that fits the stud and help hold it in place. or use an adjustable wrench on stud.

Users who are viewing this thread