Should i Buy a 2004 SVT EAP Comp Orange ?

Tkainzero

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/4614924297.html

I was looking for a small, fuel effienct Daily Driver car, and was thinking about a Focus.
I saw this one in a parking lot of a Dealer, and I wanted to check it out.

After looking into the car a bit, I found that this is quite a rare car.

I have a few questions.
How hard is it to find replacement parts? considering there are very few of these cars out there, and it has a german made engine, are the parts expensive? Hard to find?

I seen that this car needs some matience in order to be a good car, I have worked on my old 1993 Mazda MX6 and it was a horrible experience to change out things like the starter, or altenatior. It was not easy to work on. Is this car easier to work on for people with low automotive IQ?
Is this car a good buy for 4500$

What should I look for when I test drive it?
What should I look for when I look at it?
What questions should I ask about it? (timing belt... ect?)
There is some paint missing on front left bumper, and on the driver side, there is a loose part (the part that runs the length of the car, sticking out a little bit, I don't know what it is called)

and what about those stupidly silly lambo doors?
do they kill the value of the car? add to it?

im very interested in getting this car, and making it my daily driver...
But im worried it may have had a hard 77k miles on it... I don't think its a little old granny car...

I would appreciate any input...
And... and please don't buy it from under my nose!!!

Steve@Tasca

Sorry, Not sure how I missed this yesterday. This section can be a bit slow on this site, Focaljet Forums are more active as are the Facebook pages.

Assuming it's still available and you didn't buy it yet just listen for rattles, pay attention to vibrations, it should have decent steady power from idle to 7000 RPM.

The SVT can be an exceptionally good little car and they're a blast to drive but they can also be money pits and they're quite fussy about how they're maintained. The SVT is not an economy car, I average 27 mpg in mixed driving with mine.

I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread