Showroom Kills...2 each.

TcM-668

I had just recently gotten my '00R and had gone thru the first set of BFG KDs and so I was finding out how much, and when etc.

The guy at Discount tire tells me he needs permission from BFG Cust. Svc to release the tires...so I say OK...

in walks johnny rice and his 92 integra...his buddy is trying to tell him that it is a real R, but Johnny says it can't be...seems he has daddy's credit card and is wanting new Konig rims for ride...

while waiting for the local help to figure out what we all wanted, he asked if I run on the street...I tell him yeah, but if he is serious, leave a $ 100 on the counter and lets go play...he says he has to think about it...

while he is discussing rims and tires, I overhear that he wants Z rated tires, but the counter guy suggests BFG Scorchers, and they are only V Rated...little johnny is not happy that they are not Z rated, and so does not want them...counter guy asks if he has been over 110mph, and johnny says no...counter guy says it is unnecessary then...he picks some Yokohamas and says that he wants them, but has to call dad to see if it is OK...

while the counterguy is finding his tires, Johnny asks if I really want to run...

I turn to him, and ask, can you run in the 12s in the 1/4 mi or top 165mph on the run ?

He says "No, Why?"

Because I can and do is what I told him...then his buddy slammed him for not believing that is was a real R.

We go out, and I show him under the hood...Then I pull out the book with the dyno sheet from a local speed shop I got when I got the car...he is floored...

He politely backs off, and apologizes...

First Kill...

Then we go back in, and he gets the OK from dad to get his tires, I get word from BFG that my tires will be released to me...I tell them to go ahead and get them on the way...

He asks why, and I tell him they are special for the car...he asks how much and what makes them so special...

I tell him and my total price for 4 tires is twice what he paid for in rims and tires...Oh yeah, mine are rated to 186mph too...

I offer to give him a run again, and once again he signals surrender, and we shake as I walk out the door...

Kill # 2...

I ran into him recently on the street, and he refused to run...maybe because his girlfriend was in the car, and he did not want to be unsafe...

You gotta love it....

Have fun but be safe !!!

Don...
'00 R # 152
'93 GT Conv
'93 LX Coupe
'92 Honda Accord Wagon
'89 Isuzu Imark Hatch SunSport

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by TcM-668
I had just recently gotten my '00R and had gone thru the first set of BFG KDs and so I was finding out how much, and when etc.

The guy at Discount tire tells me he needs permission from BFG Cust. Svc to release the tires...so I say OK...

in walks johnny rice and his 92 integra...his buddy is trying to tell him that it is a real R, but Johnny says it can't be...seems he has daddy's credit card and is wanting new Konig rims for ride...

while waiting for the local help to figure out what we all wanted, he asked if I run on the street...I tell him yeah, but if he is serious, leave a $ 100 on the counter and lets go play...he says he has to think about it...

while he is discussing rims and tires, I overhear that he wants Z rated tires, but the counter guy suggests BFG Scorchers, and they are only V Rated...little johnny is not happy that they are not Z rated, and so does not want them...counter guy asks if he has been over 110mph, and johnny says no...counter guy says it is unnecessary then...he picks some Yokohamas and says that he wants them, but has to call dad to see if it is OK...

while the counterguy is finding his tires, Johnny asks if I really want to run...

I turn to him, and ask, can you run in the 12s in the 1/4 mi or top 165mph on the run ?

He says "No, Why?"

Because I can and do is what I told him...then his buddy slammed him for not believing that is was a real R.

We go out, and I show him under the hood...Then I pull out the book with the dyno sheet from a local speed shop I got when I got the car...he is floored...

He politely backs off, and apologizes...

First Kill...

Then we go back in, and he gets the OK from dad to get his tires, I get word from BFG that my tires will be released to me...I tell them to go ahead and get them on the way...

He asks why, and I tell him they are special for the car...he asks how much and what makes them so special...

I tell him and my total price for 4 tires is twice what he paid for in rims and tires...Oh yeah, mine are rated to 186mph too...

I offer to give him a run again, and once again he signals surrender, and we shake as I walk out the door...

Kill # 2...

I ran into him recently on the street, and he refused to run...maybe because his girlfriend was in the car, and he did not want to be unsafe...

You gotta love it....

Have fun but be safe !!!

Don...
'00 R # 152
'93 GT Conv
'93 LX Coupe
'92 Honda Accord Wagon
:D

Dude, next time race him in the Isuzu

94cobra

When will it be fast enuf
Established Member
You have some nice cars. And ricers will never understand. Just because every ricer has a fake R on the car doesn't mean yours is fake. Too bad you didn't race him then you could show him what a real R is.
later
john

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Why did he have to get "clearance" to get you some BFG KD's? :-?

Good kill by the way.

TcM-668

The BFG KD are a special order and restricted item. The 260x40x18 Y97 KD is a '00 Cobra R specific tire, and they ar e custom made by BFG for the '00 R.

In order to get them, the tire center has to call BFG(Well Michellin actually, as they own BFG tire) and get a release OK..

I had to fax my drivers license, and my insurance card(with VIN) showing I actually owned the car, then they called SVT to confirm the info, then they OK'd the order.

Got my tires in 2 days, so that was not too bad. It only took an hour to get the blessing by BFG..

Now if I can find a place that can mount them the way I want, without boogering up my rims...

Oh well...Just one of those things...

Don...
'00 R # 152
'93 GT Conv
'93 LX Coupe
'92 Honda Accord Wagon

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Kudos to BFG. I think they should do that on all Cobra R parts..proof of ownership!

Users who are viewing this thread