Slammed stang owners!

catch_15

Established Member
Why is everybody so worried about scraping? Everything under there is made of steel...it's not like it's hurting anything.

CiriloDOHC

Established Member
Why is everybody so worried about scraping? Everything under there is made of steel...it's not like it's hurting anything.

Haha what a Noob, You sound like somebody that doesn't take care of there car:lol: I avoid any bumps, any entrances that look steep.. ETC Ive actually hit my passenger side header and dented it, it was at night and some weird ass road i didnt know:nonono:

Stang Lover

Established Member
Eibach Sportlines. I avoid speed bumps unless I know I won't scrape going over it. If I have to I go very slow to avoid hitting my mid pipe.

I want to change my springs though I want that mean rake look.

clean93

Established Member
once had BBK specific rates few years ago on stock shocks (rode like a tank) h pipe scraped from time to time and got dented in a mall parking lot. was lowered 1.5 all the way around. got rid of those when i put my bullitts on cause the tires would hit the fender in bumps. just using stock GT springs for now but i miss the slammed look. currently looking for a good spring/shock combo that will give me a good stance and traction

egfconnor

Established Member
once had BBK specific rates few years ago on stock shocks (rode like a tank) h pipe scraped from time to time and got dented in a mall parking lot. was lowered 1.5 all the way around. got rid of those when i put my bullitts on cause the tires would hit the fender in bumps. just using stock GT springs for now but i miss the slammed look. currently looking for a good spring/shock combo that will give me a good stance and traction

ah man..those are the springs i'm putting on this weekend! Got them new for 75 bucks from a guy so I figure its worth it. Did it at least handle good with the bad ride?

clean93

Established Member
yea it handled great i loved the way it handled but it was a rough ride. nearly tossed my passenger out the window when i hit a big dip in the road while making a hard quick left turn lol. not sure if i ran different shocks if that would have helped i just had the OEM shocks that were DONE when i took the springs off after a few months. just felt like getting an azz whoopin after driving the car for a long time wore me out

egfconnor

Established Member
Haha yikes, any experience with launching and or being at the track with them? Ya my car has 82k on it..I guess i'll just have to see how beat up I get lol...any reccomendations for good struts with them? Or for that matter a good strut for lowered cars..the strange 3 way or whatever are supposed to be good right?

clean93

Established Member
my buddy who i bought the springs from had them on his 87GT with the stock motor and full exhaust and gears. car lauched perfect and he ran consistant 13.3's to 13.8's think his 60ft was 1.38 with slicks. with a HCI upgrade he ran 12.6's then when he went with a blower setup he switched to drag springs and coilovers. as for good struts im looking for some myself. i guess any adjustable strut will work. lakewoods i hear are a good choice

egfconnor

Established Member
That sounds promising...maybe it will be a little different on a new edge sn-95. I'll probably end up getting struts after i'm so sore from driving the car :p

egfconnor

Established Member
Well I have the springs installed now and so far it ride practically the same as stock :D It handles better too..the front lowered more than the back so I may end up taking out the rear isolators some time when I have more free time, but so far i'm really happy with them.

clean93

Established Member
cool!! its true sn95's ride much better than old fox bodys. glad it worked out for you. i'll be installing eibach drag springs, caster camber plates and some sort of decent struts in the winter

slwgt

Established Member
i have eibach springs on my 02 GT and i scrape on almost anything, speed bumps, my driveway EVERY time i leave, no matter what i do, my cats and x-pipe hate me lol

black96white

Established Member
i've got h&r super sports with bilsteins all the way around on mine, and pypes catted x. i scrape on every thing i avoid every speed bump possible. Last year i was in Birmingham, AL for New years. i drove my car in the parking garage of the hotel i was staying at, i had one passenger in the car with me. When we went up the ramp the angle was so steep my car bottomed out. (sounded horrible) We went out later that night and started to hear this horrible grinding rubbing noise. Turned out i broke the transmission mount and a c02 censor.

Users who are viewing this thread