Slipping clutch?

YGETV8

Established Member
Opinions? FYI: 14K miles, 2.8, Pro-Chamber, Magnaflow, self-ported TB/plenum/blower, RWTD Pred tune, K&N FIPK, Nitto DRs.

Went to the track last night for the first time since installing my ported blower. It was about the same conditions as my last time there in the fall, when I ran a [email protected]. Last night's best was a [email protected], albeit with a .1 slower 60'.

BUT, on the two (out of four total) runs that I actually got the car to go into 3rd gear my 1/8th MPH was 2-3 mph faster than before. My MGW shifter feels great on the street, but just didn't want to go into 3rd very well at the track (stock clutch and quadrant).

I am wondering if these are signs that my stock clutch may be slipping? I don't abuse my car on the street... well, occasionally, but not much!

YGETV8

Established Member
FWIW, my previous 1/8 MPH was 92-93 and it was 94.85 and 95 last night, all with 118.0-118.9 1/4 MPH.

bender460

Established Member
I'd say so. When the stock clutch heats up (slips) it makes it real difficult to shift. With your mods a new clutch is in order and an adjustable cable and quadrant.

Users who are viewing this thread