Small Electrical/Gauge Problem

Steve03SVT

Semper Fi
Established Member
Small Electrical/Gauge Trouble

Ive got 2 questions really:

1) Here lately, the ol PSD has had a bit of trouble starting after sitting for a few days. I have had the alternator and batteries checked. Alt = 14.7V, Primary battery=990 CCA, Secondary Battery=800 CCA. If I drive the truck everyday, it doesn't have such a problem turning over. If it sits for more than 2 days, it will start almost at the point when the batteries are about to give up. I don't have anything that could be drawing the batteries down. Not really sure where to start troubleshooting. Batteries are less than 2 years old and are NAPA brand.

2) My ISSPRO water temp. gauge has been acting crazy for a while now. It will slowly rise, and then all of sudden just PEG out, back to normal, then peg out. David at DieselManor sent me another control unit for the gauge. Still having the same problem. Ive checked from the gauge to the sending unit and don't see any problems, ive checked the ground and NOTHING.

Truck is for sale, so I want to find the problem before anybody becomes interested.

Im hoping someone will have a better idea of where I need to start looking. Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread