So I contacted Carbon Rev....

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
And got pretty much what I expected.... well - I was a little surprised they didn't have a current option for Mustangs, but not much given their list price....

Hello Jon,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding our one piece carbon fiber wheels. My name is Jeff Campbell and I will be your main point of contact here at Carbon Revolution.
Unfortunately at this time we do not manufacture an aftermarket wheel for your Mustang. We currently manufacture aftermarket fitments in 19” diameter for the Audi R8, BMW M3/1M, Chevrolet Corvette, Lamborghini Gallardo, McLaren MP4-12C, and the Porsche 911/Boxster/Cayman range.
We are indeed the manufacturer of the wheels for the new GT350R, but those wheels are exclusively made and sold to Ford. If you want to purchase a set you will need to contact your Ford dealer and inquire through the parts department.
You definitely not the first Mustang request we've had. We are working through a fitment using our CR-9 that can be used on the non GT350R Mustangs.
I will add your request to our list and be sure to contact you when we have a fitment available.
Thank you again and if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Jeff Campbell
Carbon Revolution
USA: +1 (561) 251-9951
[email protected]
www.carbonrev.com

krt22

Established Member
Yep, the R is a bargain if you can get your hands on one at sticker or minor ADM

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
Yeah - that's been their pricing since they came on the scene a few years ago. No idea about their sales and whatnot - I don't hang with the wallets that afford those rides....

Was more about what they'd tell me relative to the FoMoCo relationship - and I am sure they haven't released their own Mustang rim waiting to see what Ford does with pricing on any they might make available in the aftermarket.

If I had to guess I'd bet Ford's full set will be $12k or so minimum, and likely close to 15..... I guess it may all depend on how many Carbon Rev really can make.....

jtfx6552

Established Member
Yeah - that's been their pricing since they came on the scene a few years ago. No idea about their sales and whatnot - I don't hang with the wallets that afford those rides....

Was more about what they'd tell me relative to the FoMoCo relationship - and I am sure they haven't released their own Mustang rim waiting to see what Ford does with pricing on any they might make available in the aftermarket.

If I had to guess I'd bet Ford's full set will be $12k or so minimum, and likely close to 15..... I guess it may all depend on how many Carbon Rev really can make.....

If I'm not mistaken, the 13-14 GT500 wheels are 8K a set from Ford, I forget if that's list or a Tasca/White Bear lake type street price. I'm thinking the CF wheels will be more from Ford than the typical aftermarket set from Carbon Rev.

Users who are viewing this thread