So I tried to upload an updated tune...

RSKtakR

Established Member
into my X4 from my laptop and for some reason the damn tuner locked up, I couldn't get anything into or out of it, an error just shows up on the X4 that says no communication or something, I call SCT and I'm told its a 'known issue" and that I have to send it back to SCT for them to fix. Problem is that my stock tune is in that tuner, and the guy I was speaking to said they should be able to recover it etc.. Anyone else had this problem with the X4? If so did it get resolved and has anyone ever figured out wtf is wrong with the tuners? Will this problem be permanently fixed after SCT gets it or could it happen again? This isn't the first time I have ever used an SCT and everything was going as usual until the X$ just said there was no communication.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You're not the only one who has had that problem. It's a crap shoot on whether they will be able to save the stock tune. I'm assuming the car is currently tuned? Is the car still drivable?

RSKtakR

Established Member
You're not the only one who has had that problem. It's a crap shoot on whether they will be able to save the stock tune. I'm assuming the car is currently tuned? Is the car still drivable?

dammit.... yes the car is currently tuned and driveable.. the tune that it is on is just a performance 91 oct tune for stock parts.. only hard parts parts I added on top of that tune are a K&N drop in and the Airaid CAI tube, and it seems to be running fine.

Users who are viewing this thread