Some info from MM on suspension parts

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
From an e-mail reply I got from Maximum Motorsports:

'We are currently working on several items including caster/camber plates and rear control arms. We have been spending a lot of time at the track trying to dial in this new chassis. One of the hurdles that we are facing is that the S197 is the first completely new chassis that we have had to develop parts for in 25 years. It is much stiffer, has a new 3-link in the rear, and does not respond well to many of the changes we have previously made on 79-04 Mustangs.

Although the car is new from the ground up, the function of the upper and lower control arms is very similar to that of the 2004 and prior cars. The stock rubber bushings are designed to stretch as the suspension articulates. Early on in our research and development we found that the car responded extremely poorly to the installation of control arms with stiffer bushings. With spherical bearings in both ends of the lower control arms, the car had a noticeable (throttle-off) oversteer problem. We have since begun testing various geometries and made minor changes to correct this problem.

Unlike other companies, Maximum Motorsports prefers to thoroughly test all of our products before we release them to the public. This ensures that our customers will never encounter problems with durability, fittament, and most importantly handling and safety. Please bear with us as we continue to learn and develop the best parts available for this new Mustang.

If you are looking for an coilover package for your 07 Shelby, you may want to check out the H&R Cup Kit that we carry (51656). It offers 1"-2.5" of adjustable lowering with H&R matched springs and dampers. It works great to control body roll and brake dive without adversely affecting ride quality in the much heavier Shelby.'

I was thinking about throwing some Steeda LCAs on the GT500, those stock ones LOOK like a joke, and I don't even have enough miles on it to know that. I might end up waiting for MM to release their gear.

I also e-mailed Steeda about springs, they said they had some in stock, I'm sure they are just plannin on selling me the GT springs, which probably won't work as good with the heavier front end. :rollseyes

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
wow, thats some interesting stuff about the bushing material! would have thought that stiffer material/spherical bearings would have only made it better.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
the brm billet control arms are really nice and less expensive than the steedas. I am running them with good success.

COBRA32

Established Member
I have some Steeda Control Arms for sale. If anyone is interested drop me a PM they were on the car for 300 miles going a different route

Users who are viewing this thread