IMG_4918(800px).jpg

IMG_4919(800px).jpg

IMG_4920(800px).jpg

IMG_4921(800px).jpg

IMG_4922(800px).jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I find it interesting that they moved the timing set to the back of the engine. Probably won't be doing a cam swap with the engine in the vehicle. I'm not impressed with internals, they look no better than those in the mod motors. Ford says the rods are forged, but I think they are just playing with the definitions. I've seen them refer to powdered metal rods as powder forged. Looks like that's what's going on here. On the plus side, the intake valves are very large and the valvetrain and canted valve layout look great. The combustion chamber shape is very similar to that of the new Dodge Hemi engines.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Never know Sid. Everyone swore up and down that the Shelby motors would fail at 600-650 Crank hp because of the cracked forged rods. I haven't heard of a single case where those have failed and there are 800 crank hp cars running stock equipment.

I hope Ford wouldn't be dumb enough to make a motor in a performance vehicle with an obvious weak link.

Time will tell.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I'm seeing two plugs per cylinder, is the coil sitting on top of one and the wire goes to the other?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Never know Sid. Everyone swore up and down that the Shelby motors would fail at 600-650 Crank hp because of the cracked forged rods. I haven't heard of a single case where those have failed and there are 800 crank hp cars running stock equipment.

I hope Ford wouldn't be dumb enough to make a motor in a performance vehicle with an obvious weak link.

Time will tell.

They did with the Gen 2 L rods.

I'm seeing two plugs per cylinder, is the coil sitting on top of one and the wire goes to the other?

Yep, that's how it works.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Time will tell.

I know of two. both were 800 or above and both were pushing very high revs when they let go.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I know of two. both were 800 or above and both were pushing very high revs when they let go.

Haven't heard about that I guess. 800hp on factory equipment is pretty good though!

I think Ford is a different company now Sid than when they made the Gen 2 rods and the Terminator teflon coated pistons. Quality is better. Agree?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Definitely. One of the other things that impresses me about the 6.2 is how great the as-cast intake ports look.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
So, who wants to take bets that 99.999999% of these engines will never have the lower row of plugs changed in their lifetime?

302KR

Established Member
I find it interesting that they moved the timing set to the back of the engine. Probably won't be doing a cam swap with the engine in the vehicle.

What are you trying to say? The only thing on the rear of the engine is the ring that is there for the cam sensor. The timing chain will be in the front like the modulars.

Users who are viewing this thread