some new pics of my gen 1

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
terrible one said:
how hard was it to shave the gas door? im thinking of doing the same. nice pics also
JD

it was fairly easy. i just drove nine hours to dallas and bought the bed off a guy cause mine was rusting. :beer: sorry for the lame joke. i'm definatly not a body man. i have no idea how hard it would be. whoever did it did a really good job on that and the stake pockets.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
did regular F-150s come with two gas doors also? i was gonna paint my bed but how much is it to pick up a decent used one? or even a new one?

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
terrible one said:
did regular F-150s come with two gas doors also? i was gonna paint my bed but how much is it to pick up a decent used one? or even a new one?

around here beds are pricey. they use salt on the roads in the winter and so rust is a major issue. 1500$ seems to be the going rate from a bone yard, but you still don't know how long it will last. i bought mine from a guy off the nloc down in dallas who's truck caught fire under the hood and pretty much totaled the truck.
i don't know if some f-150's came with just one door, but the lmc truck catalog lists a bed side with just one door so i guess that some did. it might be cheaper to just buy a whole truck and scavenge the bed than to just buy the bed. good luck! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread