some people are just stoooopid

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Ok was crusin thru ebay as a result of another posting on this board. Came across the following:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2400713739&category=6236

this clown says it is a 2000 Cobra, and even has a production number out of 4000+ AND He says it has an automatic transmission. I just sent him an email asing for a VIN number (bet he doesn't provide it) and letting him know he was being ignorant (sp?). :bash: I also sent the guy that is high bidder an email telling him to be careful,,,,,be very very careful... and told him to get the VIN number for confirmation before he sent the guy any money. I think the butthead should be shot.... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

blk96SVT

Established Member
I saw that supposed 2000 Cobra for sale on Ebay yesterday! Hopefully nobody actually buys it unless the seller tells them that its not a 2000 Cobra, cause if it really is a 2000 Cobra, then it has to be the R, but its not the R model. Yes, there are some dumb people out their. When I first saw it I figured that there would be a correction at the end of the page, but nope, nothing. Oh well, I'm not the one bidding on a rare 2000 Cobra that was never built, let alone 4000 of them or so!

Tim

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Put it this way, anyone who bids on it is just as dumb. I love it when people click and bid and then get screwed and then whine about it. You gotta do your homework. 50% of people on ebay are scammers or people who sell crap they bought at an auction or garage sale. I know so many crooked people doing stuff on ebay that there should be laws against.

Salvaged cars sold for more than they're worth, broken or stolen car parts, etc. Its a scary place. Just do your homework before you buy online, from anyone or anyplace.

I'd love to see this guy in person and tell him there's no such thing. I wonder what he'd have to say :)

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
The guy has added a correction to his add. now says it is a 1999 with a manual transmission. I told the high bidder to check the vin number before giving him any cash. if the vin checks out 13 or 14K is an excellent price for this car.

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
thats a BADASS price for that car...if its real...its a cobra engine ..and has the big brakes...so it might be ....he also stated that it was manuel wierd thought he bought it new in DEC!! 2000?>and dont the cobras come with the cobra mats already?>..so...but it looks badass with the 99 trunk honeycomb thing ..id hit it !!!:beer: i almost paid 19000 for a blk one in miami over the sumer ...but ended up buying my 97 for 12900 so i got a good price im happy with it :thumbsup: :burn:

love bandit2

Established Member
Two hours left on the auction and its at $12,800 with no reserve. If anybody needs a cobra, you better bid on it. Bidding on ebay is a legally binding contract! He'll HAVE to sell it to you for that price!

COBRASVT

Established Member
Originally posted by blk96SVT
Oh well, I'm not the one bidding on a rare 2000 Cobra that was never built, let alone 4000 of them or so!
Tim

There were a few built, but they were sold to Ford employees...a very few though.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Alright, but I dont know if they should count, but they do of course. You never really hear about them.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread