Spider Webbing

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
I have quite a bet of spider webs in the paint from using a wash mit. What products will work the best to remove them? I want something super strong that will get the job done.

I've seen products from ClearKote and Tropi-Care to remove swirls, but which is better? What about Zaino?

Last edited:

NXGHOST

Established Member
I recommend doing all swirl removing by machine. Hand application is possible if you are the Flash but your hand will want to fall off and the results will be marginal compared to a Machine.

SVECobraR

Established Member
whats the difference, mine is pretty bad, i'm using some ssr2.5 and ssr1 today. With a cutting and polishing pad respectively, and it looks like spider webs and they didn't come off with the 2.5 so far, i'm going to put the ssr1 next but if the 2.5 didn't do it the 1 certainly won't. so i'm not sure myself either.

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
Tropi-CareChris said:
Is this Spider Webbing? or Swirls?

It looks like a thousand tiny lines all over my car that you can only really see if you look at it just right (fluorescent lights show them well).

RUASFAST

Established Member
SVECobraR said:
whats the difference, mine is pretty bad, i'm using some ssr2.5 and ssr1 today. With a cutting and polishing pad respectively, and it looks like spider webs and they didn't come off with the 2.5 so far, i'm going to put the ssr1 next but if the 2.5 didn't do it the 1 certainly won't. so i'm not sure myself either.

I am having the same problem with the L. Used SSR 2.5 and SSR 1, it helped however there is still alot there :bash: any luck with getting yours out.

Htown05

Established Member
You have to make sure you have a good wash mit. Using two buckets will help. One for the soap and one with just water to wash off the dirt. Otherwise you will wash the dirt right back onto the car which causes the small swirl marks also called spiderwebs. You will get them no matter what just from washing so many times but using two buckets and a good mit will help.

The best way to get them out is to prep the car. Dawn wash, claybar and then apply a swirl remover (ssr2.5, ssr1) etc. with a PC set on about 6 and then hammer away at the spots that need it until they are gone. Then polish and apply a good sealent and you will have a swirl free finish.

RUASFAST

Established Member
Thanks as you may be right, As we are more careful now then we have been in the past. I will just keep working at them as you can only see them when the lighting is hitting it just right. I love Black but you can see every little thing, or at least I can.

SVECobraR

Established Member
Maybe thats my problem i did it on 3.5 to 4.5 on the PC but then again i used a light cutting pad with the ssr 2.5, the yellow sonus pad. But i don't want to have to strip all that stuff i just finished applying today. The car looks and feels so good.

Users who are viewing this thread