Springs !

sweet10th

Established Member
Hey guys what springs do you all run or what springs do you suggest.
Im looking for at least 1.5 inch on the rear , maybe not as much on the front.
Suggestions !!!

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I am very satisfied with the H&R's, got about 1.75 inch on the rear 1.5 up front. Rides like stock, but with firmer cornering, seems like wheel hop was greatly reduced as well.

konakimo

Established Member
I had the steeda sports installed a few months ago and left the lower rubbers out in the rear, that still left a little rake (I dont like rake) not too much, I have never had any problems speedbumps R/R tracks etc..., nice drop if you dont want it to low, but yesterday (sat) I had the H&Rs installed and all I can say is DAMMMM :D its low :D and the ride seem very good , just have too be careful for everything, driveways, R/R tracks. side note, I noticed at the first red light, the front end did not dive when I hit the brakes hard :) .

Last edited:

acatalon

Established Member
I love the lowered appearance that H&R springs acheive but I have a couple of concerns, 1. Does it adversely affect launching at the track, 2. I use a trailer to tow to the track, at the stock height I have to use the wooden ramps about 5 ft long in conjunction w/the pullout ramps to not snag the front end while loading and unloading. How much lower is the k-member and lowest point in the aftercat system? Or does anyone have experience loading a lowered car onto a "carhauler" type trailer.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
i installed the CTFC suspension on my car. works really well, rides like stock, and its just as low as i wanted it.i dont have any good sid pics that show the stance though.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Acatalan,
It will probably be a losing battle when it comes to getting it on a trailer, it's not going to help any. My K member was 1.5" lower, I had to use 1.5" board under the tire to get the jack out after install. As for the catback, it seems to be relatively high off the ground, if anything is going to scrape it will be the Bar behind the K member. I have had no problems driving it and drive no differently than it was stock. I don't know about the 60ft times yet.

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
:read:
Im looking at the H&R's as well, however there are many a speed bump in my area....How does the new ride handle them?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
With the isolators I have no problems with speed bumps at all. Of course I don't go crazy over them, but as far as taking caution I am no more cautious now than I was stock ride height. I was concerned as well with the drop but after I saw the car and drove it I was satisfied. Too many people with other springs are so close to stock ride hieght and hate the ride, I just think for the money they are the best way to go. Ride is great! MM says the stock Bilstiens our cars come with are good to handle the drop.

Hunter6

Established Member
Do the lowering springs really improve handling or just make it FEEL like it handles better (because the ride is more firm). Has anyone experienced better lap times?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
From my understanding from Brad's custom auto in Seattle, NO lowering springs alone do not help your lap timesl. Lowering the vehicles center of gravity does minimal for you without changing anything else like spring position such as coil overs etc... I got mine for looks, however I do enjoy a firmer ride and do notice I can corner faster than before, but does this mean I will fair better at a road course? Probably not.

Users who are viewing this thread