ST mpg any good?

wheelhopper

Established Member
Did you look about 10 threads from the top of the page. I started a real world MPG thread a while back. Most seem to be getting in the upper 20's on average.

I was debating a Focus ST or a Fiesta ST. My main reason is to have an economical car to tool around in while being able to have a little fun. I already have a jump on a Fiesta c1oming to my area. Sticker is around $29K for a fully loaded one with the upgraded paint. I am guessing I could get them to $26K. So what will make the final call is the money. I will be debating on a Focus ST2, which I know I can get for around $24.5K, or and equivalently equipped Fiesta for about $21.5K. If I can get a Fiesta for that price, that is what I'll get. Otherwise it will be a Focus.

Either way it will be better than the 15mpg that I get with my truck.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Did you look about 10 threads from the top of the page. I started a real world MPG thread a while back. Most seem to be getting in the upper 20's on average.

I was debating a Focus ST or a Fiesta ST. My main reason is to have an economical car to tool around in while being able to have a little fun. I already have a jump on a Fiesta c1oming to my area. Sticker is around $29K for a fully loaded one with the upgraded paint. I am guessing I could get them to $26K. So what will make the final call is the money. I will be debating on a Focus ST2, which I know I can get for around $24.5K, or and equivalently equipped Fiesta for about $21.5K. If I can get a Fiesta for that price, that is what I'll get. Otherwise it will be a Focus.

Either way it will be better than the 15mpg that I get with my truck.

Did you mean $19k fully loaded for the Fiesta? Because $29k seems pretty high for that car lol.

2004Droptop

Established Member
If mpg is what you want probably should buy the regular Focus. With that said I do not think the mpg are bad at all for what the car is, my commute that is mostly highway I get 27-29 average per tanks and throw in more city or getting on it 24-26 average per tank. Same driving style and commute I get ~5 mpg less than 12 SEL Focus. The trade off, mpg for power not bad at all. I also think is leads its class in mpg rating. (GTI, WRX)

wheelhopper

Established Member
^Not according to the copy of the window sticker my local dealer gave me. I told them at that price I would start looking at Mustang GTs. We'll see. They have one on the way and are supposed to call me when the truck pulls up.

I was into the Focus, but my daughter is going to need a car to drive soon and with 3 Mustangs, 2 trucks, and a new Escape I am running out of room for 2 more cars. So one Fiesta for me and my daughter to share will probably be a smarter choice.

2004Droptop

Established Member
^Not according to the copy of the window sticker my local dealer gave me. I told them at that price I would start looking at Mustang GTs. We'll see. They have one on the way and are supposed to call me when the truck pulls up.

I was into the Focus, but my daughter is going to need a car to drive soon and with 3 Mustangs, 2 trucks, and a new Escape I am running out of room for 2 more cars. So one Fiesta for me and my daughter to share will probably be a smarter choice.

I went to Ford's web site and built the Fiesta and that was with premium orange paint... which I wish they had for the Focus. I bet your dealer is trying do that buy the first one premium add on the sticker.

My buddy went to one of the drive events and he said the Fiesta was just a little bit small, he is ~6' 200#

TRBO VNM

I keep hearing from people that the mpg sucks even if you baby it. What are you guys experiencing?

Not sure who these people are, but they are wrong. It does depend on how you drive it and the type of driving. I am getting anywhere from 28-31 with a mix of city/highway type driving. Sometimes I drive it like a grandma and sometimes not. For the past couple of weeks I have been trying to get the ecoboost accomplishment trophy and did that so no more shifting by 2k.

mysterio

Established Member
Averaging 24mpg, mostly around town driving, with AC on almost all the time. A far cry better than the Mustang I had.

Not real aggressive driving, but I"m not granny shifting, either. But I'm content with the mpg, and with the ability for more spirited fun.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Doug..wtf. I paid 27k for a loaded ST3 Focus..29k for the Fiesta is nuts. Run far, far away.

As for mileage, I typically average 28-29mpg. The last few tanks I've been in the 29.5 range, and my current tank is parked at 31 as I'm chasing that stupid trophy.

TRBO VNM

Lol. No, don't care. Did you see the mustang that got like 1000 miles to the tank?

I can show you a picture of my ST dash showing me like 43mpg if you want.

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
27 flat with a high of 28 all highway but rush hour traffic on 695/95 300 miles a week minimum. don't get to get on it much but I could care less about shift points most shifts around 3k. I don't consider that bad for what the car is to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread