Started the Road Trip today..

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Well everything is going great so far. Hit the road about 8am my time this morning. Made my way across I-10 to Lordsburg where I caught Hwy 70 into AZ. Took 75 into Guthrie and then 191 up through Clifton all the way up Hwy 61 about 29 miles south of I-40. Went into Zuni, NM up to Gallup, then over here to Holbrook where I am staying the night. I went a total of about 550-560 miles and averaged 23mpg to whole trip. The drive from Clifton to Apline was absolutely beautiful. A lot of twisting and winding roads where the speed limit most of the way was between 25-30mph. Here are a few pictures from today. Tomorrow I plan on backtracking to the Petrified forest, then on to Meteor crater, Sedona, into Prescott to see my grandma's old place, and then up to Monument Valley.

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg

AzDropTop

Established Member
Sweet Chris! Nice pics. We missed you at the cart races on Sat. Believe it or not I squeeked out the best lap for the 1st place win!

Keep the pics coming!!!

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I'd love to have been there. Just couldn't figure a way to get there in time and keep doing what I had planned on doing. Here are a few more pictures. Ended up being 1,748 miles over the 3 days. Took over 500 pictures while I was out. Had a great time except for the t-storms north of Flagstaff on Saturday. Other than that it was a very relaxing trip for me.

Painted Desert

DSCF0110.jpg

DSCF0144.jpg

Petrified Forest

DSCF0186.jpg

Meteor Crater

DSCF0229.jpg

Monument Valley

DSCF0356.jpg

4 Corners

DSCF0397.jpg

Kind of hard to pick just a few pictures...

Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
Awesome! Looks like you had a great time. I'd like to see all of the pics some time. How many did you take this time around? It's also nice to see somebody NOT afraid to put some miles on their cobra!
:beer:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
508 pictures total. Here is a link to all the pictures I have taken in the past few years, to include the family. Last years road trip is on there, this years, new and old pictures of Christopher, and whatever else. Help yourself.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/christopher_jr_03/my_photos

I figure the car was made to be driven. Some of these people who have had their 03's almost 3 years now with 1,500 miles on it make no sense to me. Drive the thing, it's not going to break. I love this car and I will drive it until the day it dies, revive it, and drive it again until it just can't go any further :rockon:

Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
Sweet pics dude! I think you have been to more places in AZ than me. LOL Where are you heading next year?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Not sure on where to next year. I was debating going the places I did this year at the last minute because the weather called for t-storms, which I found. I try to stay within a reasonable distance so I don't spend the first day driving to where I want to go. The first day is part of where I want to go. I have thought about the Big Bend area in TX, but thats about all there really is around there. Not much more to see within a days drive that I haven't done in the past 2 years. :shrug:

AzDropTop

Established Member
You've covered 4 corners, seen petrefied wood, (I said wood, ha ha ha ha), the painted dessert, how about the Grand Canyon? Flagstaff, Payson, Jerome AZ???? I'll ask around for you.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Haven't been to the Grand Canyon yet. The wife would kill me if I went without her. Went through Jerome on my way to Prescott from Sedona. Went through Flagstaff 2x on this trip, just didn't spend any time there. Not sure where Payson is or what is there....

Thanks MattN03!

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread