Steeda 13" rear brake kit

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I just found that Steeda is now offering a rear 13" brake upgrade kit for the SN-95 platform. I believe it includes the new rotors and brackets for $300. This is a lot more reasonable then the Roush kit which is $1,350.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
good find. I think I'd sooner put a 14" up front though if someone made them. The rear stockers are almost good enough to get by

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Stoptech, Brembo, and Baer make a 14" front kit. I am thinking of doing the Stoptech kit also which is ~$2,600/list. I am thinking of doing the 13s in the rear so they fill up the rims.

The Steeda site sucks for information. From the one picture they look slotted and drilled, but I would only want them slotted preferably.
rearbrakeupgrsm.jpg

bunk22

Established Member
I wonder how much a rear kit like that would improve braking performance. Another problem IMO are the binders/calipers, they say Steeda. That means I would have Cobra upfront and Steeda in the back. I don't think I would dig that look.

blownstang01

Established Member
The Steeda kit for the rear uses the stock rear calipers, so they would'nt say Steeda.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Yes they use the stock 38mm Varga calipers. If you really want to be amused our stock rear calipers are the same as the V-6, GTs, and 00R. There are some minor differences in pads and rotors, but the calipers are the same.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I just found some more information.

Mustang Weekly Steeda 13" rear kit

13" rotor next to stock GT 10.5" rotor. The article also says they are front rotors. So am I to guess they are reqular cross drilled Cobra front rotors? If so then replacement rotors would be easy to come by.
rearrotorcompare.jpg

Caliper relocation bracket.
rearbracket2.jpg

blownstang01

Established Member
No unfortunately there not the same rotors as the fronts, they're the same thickness as the stock rears. That's about half of the front thickness.

Roushinator

Established Member
I have the Baer 13" rear kit on my car. It was around $250. It came with 2 new drilled slotted 13 rotors and relocation brackets. It was worth the $$$. The rotors fill up my 18's nicely and stopping has improved some.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Nice Roush, Roushinator. Could use a bit of CLEANING though, lolz. I was thinking either BAER or the 4 pot Brembo fronts with either the single or dual piston in the rear. Anyone try Strange brakes?? I hear their pretty nice as well, something to look into.

Users who are viewing this thread