steeda cai and tune = 15hp magazine dyno

desmo

15 hp for a 739$ cai and tune! Pretty far from whats expected and that is with the hood open the ultimate induction pack ! 2011 Ford Mustang GT Steeda Ultimate Induction Pak - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

Tucker

15 hp for a 739$ cai and tune! Pretty far from whats expected and that is with the hood open the ultimate induction pack ! 2011 Ford Mustang GT Steeda Ultimate Induction Pak - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

Wait, this can't be right. This is from the Steeda site:
Combined with the required custom tune using an SCT X3 Flash Programming Device we have achieved dramatic power increases of up to 44hp and 52ft/lbs of torque!

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
you do realize they mean 44hp @ the crank subtract drivetrain loss 44hp @ the cranks sounds about right with a basic conservative safe tune and intake 44 crank hp prob = about 15-20rwhp gain so doesnt seem to far fetched on a higher reading dyno and strong tune prob see 20-30rwhp not bad for intake/ tune only, hell it took fullbolt ons on old 5.0s like my to see a 20+rwhp gain lol

Tucker

you do realize they mean 44hp @ the crank subtract drivetrain loss 44hp @ the cranks sounds about right with a basic conservative safe tune and intake 44 crank hp prob = about 15-20rwhp gain so doesnt seem to far fetched on a higher reading dyno and strong tune prob see 20-30rwhp not bad for intake/ tune only, hell it took fullbolt ons on old 5.0s like my to see a 20+rwhp gain lol

Ah, no they don't. Call and ask.
They claim 44-56 RW HP:lol:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
so when will they be testing the JLT intake...?

We've already tested the JLT intake with a custom Jon Lund tune on our 2011. The results will be released in next months issue of 5.0 Mustang Magazine.

I think people already know how well the JLT intake performs as we sell out of them every week. It's no secret that Jay makes great products that deliver performance.

Jared

Users who are viewing this thread