STEEDA VS BBR tuning

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
i have a sct handheld and was using it with the steeda preloaded tune with my steeda intake and exhaust. I never really thought the tune was all that and even felt slugish at times or hesitant.

monday i ordered a custom tune from blow by racing for the same upgrades i have. DEAR GOD..... the car is way different!!! i downloaded the tune into my car today and it is a monster compared to steedas crap tune.

the car is WAY more responsive and in fact im having to relearn how to drive my car... It eliminated skip shift which is awesome. im very very pleased with it. Definatly added alot of low and top end power. it really pulls like a freight train compared to steeda. and i only paid like 45 bucks for cyber monday. if you dont have this, you really should lol.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
when i go for a tune i plan to use them or evolution, there not many people i would trust near me

stang1971

Established Member
i have a bbr tune and will use no one else. the guys at bbr take the time to listen and explain things to you. john is deff a good asset to bbr and i will continue to do business with them.

warlockgs

Established Member
I've got a custom tune done by Horsepower Ranch; bone-stock, still with the paper air filter, 395hp at the wheels. It might be more now that the car has some miles on it.

I'm ordering the Steeda CAI soon, so I'll probably get it from someone that will package a BBR tune that I can load, and do a side-by-side run and see who comes out on top :)

warlockgs

Established Member
The throttle is spot on aggressive. Almost to much. It's very cool

I wonder how well that would fare at a road course...I go to Pacific Raceways here in Washington and run in the HPDE days, and I use a lot of (very carefully metered) positive throttle to help the car set around a turn. If throttle ramp-up is too aggressive it might screw me up, or (more likely) I'd have to re-learn how to meter out the right inputs at the right time.

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
It's pretty aggressive. I seriously am learning the car. I opened her up in a corner and scared myself lol.

11dsgGT

Established Member
I was having a hard time deciding which tune to go with, but after buying a JLT intake and some exhaust BBR is definately going to get my business. Thanks for the review OP.

1slo5ohh

Established Member
i did the samething cyber monday bbr tune lol. i love it the throttle is definitely better i hated how it felt kinda laggy before and with just the steeda canned tune for their intake the car on cold warm up felt rough i mean like im sittin in my cammed fox body rough it was ridiculously bad but after the bbr tune cold start up is much smoother. id recommend bbr to anyone lookin for a tune

Users who are viewing this thread