Steeda

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
Anyone hear running a Steeda exhaust on thier 03?? Just wondering never heard a set of them and was wondering how they match up to Bassani and Borla.

Rwick7

Established Member
It is Borla with the Steeda name on it. I think the Steeda tips are better so if you want borla...just get the steeda. :)

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
StlBlack03 is correct - The Steeda catback is Borla w/different tips. However, the x-pipe is Magnaflow. I have the setup on my 01... love the sound - just looking for something a little better performance wise for my planned mods on the 03 (rob's 3" system - the numbers with CAI, chip & pully are impressive).

sapper

Established Member
I think the steeda cat back has the best sound. Nice growl, but not raspy. Question is, how much extra power over stock does this make?
The bassani may be the best for power, but its just too d@mn loud.(IMHO)

Any one have some figures on the steeda?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Per Steeda's website:

"Steeda Autosports dyno-tested performance upgrades for the 2003 Cobra. We gained 28rwhp with our upgrades. Not only will our parts give you the most power gain for your Cobra, but we also proved it in 90 degree South Florida weather. On our '03 Cobra we added a K&N air filter, our Steeda cat-back exhaust and a High-Flow X-pipe. We have these parts in stock and ready to ship. "

Not too sure what to make of these numbers..

:shrug:

sapper

Established Member
They claim 28 rwhp gain. But that is with the x pipe included. I was looking for what the gain would be on a cat back only. The K&N could also account for some of the 28 gain also.

Anyone put on the steeda exhaust cat back only or cat back with x pipe? What gains did you get? It would be nice to see some real world numbers.

There must be alot of people out there that would rather have the rumble of the steeda than the roar of the bassani.

Last edited:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Before you jump into the entire Steeda system. read this.
I installed a K&N 9" filter and a MagnaFlow cat back system. (No H or X pipe).
My HP gains were way in excess of their claims. I don't know how much difference there is in the two systems, but I don't think it can justify the cost difference. Based on the average stock RWHP I have seen posted here, about 360 or so, mine dynoed at just under 400 (there was actually a spike at over 400hp) with the two above mentioned mods. Just another avenue to explore and add to the confusion. If nothing else, I would first get just the catback system, which ever one you decide on, and the K&N filter and then see where you stand. You can always add the H-Pipe later.
Decisions, decisions....
Have fun.

:??:

Dana

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
As I posted in another thread. I talked to a borla rep the other day and he said that the cats that come with the 03 Cobra are almost as free flowing as any hi flow cats that are out there. I am just going to go with a Borla cat back and a K&N drop in filter in the stock air box. After seeing prices vary from 99.00 to 199.00 on CAI's and noting that the stock Ford box does indeed pull air from the fenderwell this is what I'm going to go with. I'm fast coming to see that the claims and benefits in the aftermarket add on is a lucrative business at best. IMHO

Rwick7

Established Member
I think the cats are probably just as good but the design of the pipe is not...but do what you wanna do.

Users who are viewing this thread