steering wheel wear?

mambaman

Established Member
i really don't want to dish out the money to buy a whole new steering wheel, so i'm told my options are to get it refinished/recovered(which i know nothing about, if someone could tell me about this, along with the cost, that'd be awesome), or just get a cover. i have a tan interior, and thus far haven't seen any tan covers, can anyone make suggestions for covers?thanks

Last edited:

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
I can't say anything about where to get a recovered wheel, but I , like you all, got tired of looking at my worn looking wheel. It was starting to detract from the overall look of the interior. I purchased a new Ford wheel at 5.0 Resto.com. Price was around $260.
dcp_0411.jpg
dcp_0416.jpg

mambaman

Established Member
mmm, i like it, but $260 is pretty steep, i'll see if anyone else comes up with anything good, and if not i may have to go that route

ratmbass77

Established Member
The covering wore off mine at the top with only 15k miles. Just go and buy the fr500 steering wheel i think its a lil more than 200 bucks. Its got a bigger diameter and definitely looks better and gives you a improved grip over stock.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Looks good Fox!

Mambaman- I have a black interior. And I would go with the FR500 wheel or the new Ford piece, however the previous owner installed some "Air Bolt" crap, an anti-airbag theft device...whatever that means. I don't think I can get the wheel off without some special socket or something. The great news is the company no longer exists...can the leather cover be redone?

mambaman

Established Member
i am under the impression the FR500 wheel comes only in black, which wouldn't look great with a tan interior, but who knows

JAVZCOBRA

Established Member
I bought a carbon-fiber look cover for my steering wheel, and it looks awesome! IMO. Granted I have blk interior, but it really looks nice. Not cheap looking by any means. Look it up and see wht u think.

Users who are viewing this thread