Stupid mechanics

Shoff

Established Member
:bash:
I recently was having problems With my Sho and couldn't figureout what was wrong with it so I took it to a mechanic that my buddy knew. He said I needed I knew CKS aka CPS($125). So I bought one, He installed it($130), Worked for about four days and did the same thing, Took it back to the mechanic, He said for me to go ahead and buy a new coil pack($85), put it on no change. he then told me to buy a new DIS module($125), Put it on no change. He then told me he didn't Know what was wrong with it, and he sugested for me to take it to the ford dealership. I told him to go #@&* himself. So then one of my good friends said that his uncle was a deisel mechanic and he could find out what was wrong with it. I had no other options, so I said ok. Took it to the Deisel Mechanic, and Found out in five minutes that it was a 7 dollar Fuel filter. so in conclusion ?How much does stupidity cost?

125+130+85+125+7=In this case $472

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
SIMPLE THINGS FIRST!!

Question for you though. He carried you 'ONLY' 130 bucks to change the 'CPS'? Which 'CPS' are we talking about here? The Crank Position Sensor or the Camshaft Position Sensor??

Also, IMO, and don't take this the wrong way, but why did you pay a mechanic all that money to swap simple parts??? The more educated you become about your own vechiles the cheaper it is to maintan them.

Shoff

Established Member
he only replaced the Crankshaft Position Sensor.
I put Everything else on
no affence taken
open to opinons

Shoff

Established Member
It was about the same everywere else I went
you do have to remember I live in kansas the economy is most likly lower than were you are
thanks for the reply

shoguy

postwhore in training
Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
SIMPLE THINGS FIRST!!
The more educated you become about your own vechiles the cheaper it is to maintan them.
or you get friends that are edumakated

Users who are viewing this thread