SUb Frame COnnectors???

silvercoffin

Established Member
Are you installing them?

Just talked to Chris Winters of Crazyhorse racing here in NJ and he said that the 03 didnt even come with the cheap sub frame connectors that came with the 01s. I was concerned about weight but I am going to have them installed. Its not just racing.....i drive my car hard alot so I am concerned about body flex.

He mentioned putting in the Kenny Brown kit that is more than just sub frames i forget exactly what it comes with......

My concern was and still is weight. All together the Kit i think he said weighs in at 40lbs.

Will subframes effect track times? Will the car launch any different?

I am wondering if having the subframes might make up for the extra weight....not that its that much weight anyway.

I guess ill just make sure to get to the track one more time before installing them. I only ran 13.2 my first time their. I want 12s!!!!

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Never use bolt on subframe connectors you will never have them tight enough to stop flex and you have to worry about the bolts backing out. Weld-in is the only way to go.

docs03

Established Member
KB Matrix

I have the KB matrix brace with super subs welded in last week. The kit is excellent!! I'm waiting for the strut tower brace and CC plates from KB before I lower the car with springs.

silvercoffin

Established Member
more info

do the subframes and brace change the way the car handles? I mean noticably off the track???

A friend told me that the car will be better at the track but will drive like crap on the street after installing Kenny Brown SUbs and brace kit.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK ABOUT THAT?

SVTyballz

Established Member
Re: more info

Originally posted by silvercoffin
do the subframes and brace change the way the car handles? I mean noticably off the track???

A friend told me that the car will be better at the track but will drive like crap on the street after installing Kenny Brown SUbs and brace kit.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK ABOUT THAT?

It depends on the definition of "like crap"....... It turns better, brakes better, accelerates better. If that is the definition, then yes!, he's right.

Seriously though, It makes the frame/body act as one piece, takes away some of the "slop" inherent in the construction of it. It's great mod IMHO, I just prefer the Maximum Motorsorts stuff.

gary

silvercoffin

Established Member
ok thanks

ok thats what i initially thought. My friend told me that it will be better for racing but not handle as well on the street. Sounds like that isnt true.

It will be more stiff. Will the ride on the street be less smooth?

Sounds like its great for racing. How/will it effect every day driving?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
It makes your car solid. You will feel the bumps more but it is definetly worth it IMO. You will have more control over your can in day to day driving.

ZXnVS

Established Member
I noticed Kenny Brown sells a "4-point lower chassis brace" as well, but I can't find any info about it on their site. Does anyone know more about this? Is it something pertaining to the rear suspension, which would not be necessary (or even fit) on the '03 Cobra?

I'm planning to go with their Extreme Matrix and the new strut tower brace as my first performance mods...

Users who are viewing this thread