Sub-woofer enclosures for S550 mustangs

vemom93

Been looking online. I know these cars are new, but I cannot even find a way to purchase the factory 8 inch enclosure. What is everybody doing for trunk mounted sub-woofers in the 2015 mustangs.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Are you talking about adding one in addition to the factory one?

I'd just like to have a speaker upgrade with a bit more bass in the factory unit. I've been trying to get kicker to make one.

5.0_MD

Established Member
In regards to this, does anyone know if the non-shaker audio cars have a pre-out for a sub behind the factory head unit?

3.7cyclone

AKA Bananana, 5.0yote
Established Member
Just do the old faithful and be done with it, run Hi lvl inputs from the rears to a mono amp mounted behind the passenger side carpet, wire the rest of it as you normally would and throw your sub box back there. No need to go crazy unless someone has the schematics for amps etc. While the modular awesomeness that ford uses for their ACMs and BCMs is great on a build standpoint they never give us any information about swaps, if you can just add to them etc. There used to be a time when you can upgrade direct from the manufacturer but I am not sure why ford has made that next to impossible with the new stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread