Subframes. MM or Steeda???

AzDropTop

Established Member
Seems the price is around the same and as far as I can tell there is no major difference? We have a steeda dealer in town, so the install would be easy. Any advice would be great.

CobraKhan

Established Member
Hands down vote for Maximum MotorSports.

I would definately get the Full Length Subframe Connectors. They are not that much more at all! $40

But if your not gonna go for those go ahead and get the MM Standard SFC. They are 1” x 2” rectangular tubing, with .120” wall thickness - over 40% stiffer than other well-known brands.

I don't know what Steeda's SFC specs are though. :shrug:

cm01Snake

Established Member
I would go with MM full length. My buddy has them on his 03 cobra and says it’s a must. I to was going to go with MM full length but then I found this other brand called evolution motor sport ( http://www.evolutionmsport.com/index.html ) they have the X-Brace. Its full length sub frames connected by an X with a drive shaft safety loop. Check it out. I called them and they told me it would be under $300 for it if I didn’t not want it powder coated and for the wield up type. Give them a call and they can fill you in on all the specs. Good luck and keep us posted.

AzDropTop

Established Member
Thanks for the responses. I guess I'm still leaning towards the Steedas based on prince, around 140 for the subs and cross braces, and because the dealership is close. Anyway, keep the opinions rolling...

Cobra-R

Established Member
MM all the way!!!!! Here are a couple pics. KB's on the left and MM's on the right.

attachment.php

attachment.php

slither01

Established Member
An even better picture would have included the stock sfc's.......now those are a joke!

The MM's are pretty "beefy", thats a fact.

The Kenny Brown's may be smaller, but don't think they don't perform, after I got mine installed I thought the car was on a rail. I have been very pleased with all my KB products.

Thanks, David

Users who are viewing this thread