Superchager noise at idle.

Aharon

Established Member
Should the supercharger be quiet at idle? I seem to remember my supercharger making no noises at idle when I first got the car.. Infact, I parked next to another 03 cobra this evening and his S/C made no noise at all during idle (with the hood up.. ear to S/C)..

I poped my hood, and started my car.. And my S/C was making a noise that is audible with the hood open.. It'd definatly comming from the S/C, I put my ear up to everything in there.. It's loudest dead center of the SC.. Its a wierd steady sound, like really loud belt noise, but metallic in nature.. And it the sound is comming from the center, not the snout belt area.

This is not normal correct?

I am just hoping when I take it to the dealer, they dont say the sound is normal.. Or act like they dont here it..

Other then that, love the car.. Would really like a new S/C, since I have already put 7k on this one.. lol

Cobra'03

Established Member
I would say it is abnormal. Well, mine doesn't do it nor have any of the 10 or so i have gooten up close and personal to.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> but metallic in nature..

The 'tick' perhaps?

Aharon

Established Member
No ticking noises.. Like something metalic inside the supercharger is making noise. It's a constant noise, not a ticking noise.

1svtcobra

Established Member
I have a very lite whistle with the hood up that I did not notice when the car was brand new. It has about 1300 miles on it now and started making the(OR NOTICED IT) at 500 miles. It has not gotten any worse and the car runs great. It is not metalic sounding though.

Users who are viewing this thread