SVT Contour-Good Daily Driver?

20LethalVenom03

Beaver Hunter
Established Member
I just bought a 99 contour SE for 1500 bucks, has one paint flake on the drivers side wheel arch, otherwise its perfect. real solid car. has 104,000 miles, 2.5 DOHC V6, loaded right up. Love the comfort of the seats, auto kind of sucks but oh well, handles rediculously good, needs a tie-rod end before I push it more, but 60mph corners it glides through where my truck or even my g/fs 04 malibu would lean through. it needs back struts and the drivers side rocker panels has some rust on the edge, but either way I got it for 1100 under book price, and it doesn't need much. put a full stereo in it already, pioneer 240 watt speakers and a sony xplod 208 watt head unit, nothing fancy, but it sounds pretty good. car runs awesome, ac blows cold, and has power windows, all it needs to be a perfect DD is window tint and I'll be happy. mpg with the truck was pretty bad at $5 bucks a gallon at that. I got like 13 city and 18 highway, I mean good for a truck, but still nothing like 24city and 30 highway with comfort, good power (suprised me for a V6) and gas being so much cheaper to run, maintain and buy. I wanted a SVTC but the 2 I found sold FAST and were twice the price, the rest of them were all 5-7k dollars...rediculous for a 130k mile car.

Users who are viewing this thread