SVT in Alaska??

Dahubbster

Established Member
Uncle Sam in his infinite wisdom has offered me a job in the great State of Alaska........I just moved from there last summer. But, they are called orders after all!!

:beer:

Has anyone dealt with the SVT dealer up there??? I assume it is in Anchorage:shrug: The guys down here at Spradley (Cheyenne, WY) have been pretty good to me so far, but the drive down the AlCan in a 2003 vert just for service would be a real pain in the butt.

If my memory serves me correct, and there are no guarantees that it does, there is a poster on here from AK. Any info on the Ford fellows up there would be appreciated.

Rock chips...HERE I COME :gt:

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
here is one...
1114-1832-26025.jpg

1114-1832-26024.jpg

iistrading

Established Member
Cal Worthington Ford located at 1950 Gambell Street, Anchorage is the only SVT dealer in the State of Alaska. At 40-60 below zero in the winter (in Alaska) you will have the equivilent of a 50-75 shot of NOS breathing through that engine.

Last edited:

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
I live in ANCHORAGE!!! And I own a '03, call me some time 907-223-0754... I ordered my car from Cal's, they have two locations that sell SVT vehicles, they are all spoken for though, Mine was the first, I own a Sonic Blue one. As far as I know I have the only Sonic Blue one, and I do not recognize that track, thats kinda weird... So far there is 3 03's up here, silver(my original), red, and my Blue one..... Will be going to the track very soon to see how the great air up here will treat me... the car is very strong at night, gets in the high 40's.... on my S/C type R I was getting a full pound more boost during the winter.... I won't be driving the Cobra in the winter though....

iistrading

Established Member
Yellow00R:

Do you still just have the dragstrip on the old Palmer Highway in Anchorage ? I used to race at the Tanacross Airstrip where Anchorage and Fairbanks would meet a few times a year for dragracing (forty years ago) in the late fifties and sixties. How many racing events do you have each year in Anchorage ?

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
Go to AKracewaypark.com, it has really grown up here, also another site to check out is AKDSM.com.... The whole car scene has really blown up. there is alot of organization now.. my girlfriends fater used to race a camaro "spirit of '69" at the palmer raceway, he says it hasn't changed much since he raced... Everything is paved now though...(pits). There are events every week, lots of classes now for street cars... lots of fun for what we have, we are another country ya know...

BTW-I lived right behind the tanacross airstrip when I first moved up here, mostly bike events held there now....

Last edited:

iistrading

Established Member
I still have my Alaska Drivers License #0073160 issued 8/29/57 which sure dates me. I lived in Fairbanks for 24 years and experienced the 60 degree below zero winters, four hours of sunlight in the winters, raced sled dogs (we had 52). I still do business up there but only travel once a year. Your father-in-law should know Jeff Hasler as he was big in cars and racing up there in Anchorage for years.

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
probibly someone in the military.....

My dad was born here in 1945, I think AK was still a territory then, he was raised in Jeneau... he also lived in Anchorage while he was in the National Guard, and raced cars then also, my dad raced a '57 corvette for awhile, he got me into cars when I was younger, he can't believe the power of the '03 I have, no mods and a 12 second car? it baffles him...So few people in AK back then I am sure my dad and you crossed paths somehow..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread