SVT intake manifold

SVTCougar

Established Member
I have a 2002 Cougar, does anybody know what type of gain i could get from putting the upper and lower svt intake manifolds on?

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
You already have the larger LIM.

Expect maybe 5HP throughout the powerband from just the UIM. You really need to do the 60mm TB at the same time!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
...and all the F150s parts will fight on a Lightning and Vice Versa.

So?

You have a Cougar equipped with SVT parts....not that I care, but just to clarify.

SVTCougar said:
So dick's how bout theres not much different between your car and mine. All of your parts will fit my car.

SVTCougar

Established Member
just spent about a total of 1300 on the upper manifold kit and the lower. Looking into the st200 strut brace after i get my manifolds installed.

inteller

Established Member
why dont you sell that trash and just get an SVT? I never saw any reason why you would mess with SVT parts when you can get other aftermarket parts that are probably better. Are aftermakret cougar parts so scarce that you have to salvage off of SVTCs?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
We do not have a huge after market for our cars. The Cougar and the Contour are the same platform so the cougar guys borrow our parts for their cars...

inteller said:
why dont you sell that trash and just get an SVT? I never saw any reason why you would mess with SVT parts when you can get other aftermarket parts that are probably better. Are aftermakret cougar parts so scarce that you have to salvage off of SVTCs?

BLACKSVTCONTOUR

GOT SVT?
Established Member
hey inteller has a point, sell that shit and get an svt contour, a buddy of mine has a couger, the best kind u get get, top model,it looks very good, he has the bigger maf, intake and exhaust, we went for a short race to see whose car had faster acceleration, an svt contour would put it to shame, i only have a few mods, stock exhaust, he was very pissed!

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
SVTCougar said:
just spent about a total of 1300 on the upper manifold kit and the lower.
Man did you just get ripped off. :??:

You could have spent $500 for better.

$400 to EH your UIM and $100 to buy a RLIM. The RLIM ($100) YOU ALREADY HAVE LIKE I ALREADY TOLD YOU. :poke:

Get/have your manifolds installed??? It's like a 60 minute cake job.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
I've never seen so many immature assholes posting in one place at the same time. Who cares if his Mondeo platform car doesn't have an SVT badge, at least he's not driving rice :rolleyes:

Last edited:

beyondloadedSE

Established Member
Whats with all the bashing? If the guy wants to put svt manifolds on his car, let him do it. And yes, a cougar could beat an svt. A lot depends on the driver too. Ive seen near stock and modded svt's put down hp numbers in the 150s (i.e Roger put down 154 whp at SZ 02 with his K&N and $1200 true duals), and ive seen modded cougars put down numbers in the 170s (i.e Draxas). The cougars take a lot better to mods than non svt contours do.

[lil nicky voice]take it eassssyyyy[/lil nickey voice]

Steeltwo

Established Member
SVTCougar said:
just spent about a total of 1300 on the upper manifold kit and the lower. Looking into the st200 strut brace after i get my manifolds installed.
wow

want to buy some ping liners?

and i've got some spare blinker fluid.

for 1300 you could swapped a 3L.

Users who are viewing this thread