SVTP : JLT Oil Separator Review

corruptor

Established Member
How is that any different than checking engine oil levels, coolant, windshield wiper, or brake fluid levels?

Hell, Ford could add that into their service plans.

Because the oil separator will fill up completely in 1,000-1,500 miles depending on driving condition. Most service is 10,000 mile interval these days. Not to mention, most people don't even know where to add coolant/wiper/brake fluid on their cars these days, especially on the luxury cars where under the hood is just a sea of plastic covers.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
How is that any different than checking engine oil levels, coolant, windshield wiper, or brake fluid levels?

Hell, Ford could add that into their service plans.

Because we are the minority and care about every little detail to our cars. Most owners do not want to change that every 2k miles depending on driving conditions like the guy above me stated. Maybe they could have it to where it could recirculate back into the oil pan instead of going into the intake, i dont know. However, i don't know if that would be good for the engine or not. :shrug:

All i do know is your average joe just knows to "change duh earl" and that's barely it. By the time heavy maintenance comes into play the car is already sold or traded in....

cababah

Established Member
Makes me wonder WHY auto manufacturers don't include seperators with the stock vehicle.

They have to know this issue exists. I can't imagine a valid reason as to why they would want the oil being circulated back into the intake.

because it isn't the same as other maintenance types. for example, not changing the oil could have catastrophic effects on your engine.

not topping off coolant could also damage your engine

not having an oil separator does not cause any "harm" to your vehicle. it will still run well over 100k miles just fine. it is mainly for clean freaks and OCD people that just want things in tip top shape.

DTRAIN_WV

Established Member
Because the oil separator will fill up completely in 1,000-1,500 miles depending on driving condition. Most service is 10,000 mile interval these days. Not to mention, most people don't even know where to add coolant/wiper/brake fluid on their cars these days, especially on the luxury cars where under the hood is just a sea of plastic covers.

Make a bigger can?

I'm not talking about every vehicle sold, but at least for "high performance" vehicles.

DTRAIN_WV

Established Member
because it isn't the same as other maintenance types. for example, not changing the oil could have catastrophic effects on your engine.

not topping off coolant could also damage your engine

not having an oil separator does not cause any "harm" to your vehicle. it will still run well over 100k miles just fine. it is mainly for clean freaks and OCD people that just want things in tip top shape.

Yet, Ford spent the money on a plastic tube that pipes engine noise into the cabin.

Shit, I'd rather have something that actually helps my car.

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
im interested as well!

Most people say the passenger side is really the only one necessary, supposedly the drivers side collects little to no oil.

Users who are viewing this thread