Taking off Front bumper

89 5.0

Established Member
So I need to install my Lethel front grill deletes. This requires the front bumper to be taken off but I can't seem to find any videos or info on how to do that without damaging or breaking anything... anyone have any info on this?

RSKtakR

Established Member
THIS is the only thing that is stopping me from getting a grill delete lol.. I don't care to try to get that bumper off.

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
Make sure to get the 7MM hiding behind the inner fender.. I bought a 7mm gear wrench for it.. other than that its easy.. just a bunch of 8mm bolts all over the place.. but worth it.. at least to me.. since I have the same grill

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Make sure to get the 7MM hiding behind the inner fender.. I bought a 7mm gear wrench for it.. other than that its easy.. just a bunch of 8mm bolts all over the place.. but worth it.. at least to me.. since I have the same grill

I've heard of some guys missing that one and breaking the little tab.

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
I've heard of some guys missing that one and breaking the little tab.

Absolutely.. and let me tell you.. they break very easy.. they are extremely thin plastic.. so even after pulling the 7mm still be cautious and don't pull like a wild man.. and place plenty of tape on the body at the seams to prevent scratching

Anthony K

Established Member
I had mine off in less than a half hour the first time doing it. It's not a big deal at all. 1/4 impact zips em out fast

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I plan on pulling the bumper at the track in the padock to do some installs in the next few weeks. Should be fun.

89 5.0

Established Member
Got the bumper off and all done in a few hrs. Hardest part was getting the old grill off!

89 5.0

Established Member
Lol only 4. And it was a PITA to get off but once you get it started the rest come undone farly easily

Users who are viewing this thread