Taking THE Test

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Well, next saturday I'm going to go take the written test for the Fort Wayne Police Dept. Any hints? Suggestions? Tips? I saw they have a study guide for another $4....Worth it???? Easy stuff?? What should I expect??? Help me out guys!!!!!!

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Ryan,

Get the material, you will need it, my bro-in law just failed his written and has to wait a year and half to take it again, hard test!!! Ijust my .02

-zach

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
Its been a while (good song by the way) but I remember cities giving only two different tests. I'm sure that different areas of the country use different tests. Spending four bucks is probably worth the money. But to be honest with ya, the tests I took were more about common knowledge and common sense. If you don't have it, don't apply! Math questions: if an officer is responding to a call 20 miles away and he can drive 40mph in 5 miles of business zone, and 60mph in 15 miles of highway, how long will it take to get to the call? They might give you a list of department grey book(rules). Then give you an action and ask if it is against policy. Exp.- Officer Smith was seen driving around smoking a cigarette. You would then have to refer to the tobacco policy to make a decision.
You might see a box with ten rows and ten columns. Each box would be filled with a letter. They would then give a list of directions. Exp.- Go to the third row, travel all the way to the right and go around the box counterclockwise until you reach the third D. Whats the letter below that D? This will test how you can follow directions. Those are the basic tests I remember. Most people wind up taking several tests before placing well so don't get discouraged if you don't get the results you want. One guy I know took 37 tests before getting hired. Good Luck!

Ginsu

Established Member
Yea it probably would be. But as some one already said the writen test is designed to assess your common sense and desision making capability. One of the many tools used to weed out the undesirables. When you take it you will know what I mean, afterwards you will be scratching you head wondering how in the hell can this thing be graded. Oh the written test is natorious for asking the same questions at different points to find out if you are lying or faking the funk. Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread