Talk to me about the TrueTrac with slicks and big power....

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member
3,700lb race weight
6 Speed
M/T 28x10.5W slicks
Stock gears

Auto trans is NOT an option. Spool is NOT an option.

What is the maximum power level and/or 60' time that the TrueTrac will support in this setup.

I was going to leave the diff stock but now I am paranoid that it won't hold up to my power level. I'm not sure.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
The TrueTrac is not recommended for drag racing, expecially with a stick car. The helical gear set up in a 8.8 differential does not allow sufficient gear contact surface area to withstand shock loads of repeated clutch dumps with slicks! Your better off going with a detroit locker differential for the track if you're concerned with it holding up and still want to drive the car on the street.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Never heard that /\

I had a TT in my 06 Vert - race weight at 3950 ish, dropped the clutch at 4500 or so and never had issues

I put on in my Shelby about 6 weeks ago and I'm not expecting any issues. A few guys I recall mentioning to me that they were pushing 800+ thru them and racing them without issue

manOwar

Established Member
No issues here with the true trac.... I've bent my Moser Axles and ARP studs with DR's. My wife moved my car out of the garage last week and said there was a small oil spot on the floor so I think my axle tubes are leaking now as well...

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
i also have a true trac, and was recommended to me by detroit. i have had mine for about 3 years and many many 10 sec passes. i love it.

now you def don't want a torsen diff for drag racing!!

breoland

Established Member
what kind of power are you talking about when you say big power?
if you are really concerned go out and get a 9in and have no worries at all

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
I know one guy with 900 at the tires and almost 100k miles on his true trac with countless passes and its still holding strong. It has never been pulled to be rebuilt either. Just fresh changes of the gear oil every 15k miles and thats it.

The true trac rocks. Ill be getting one when I build my rear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread