Team Z or Max. Motorsports???

tnuce10

Established Member
If money were not an issue, would you choose Maximum Motorsports suspension parts or Team Z, and why would you choose one over the other?

Here are the 2 kits I want opinions on...

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/s...oduct_info&cPath=1_7_475_480&products_id=1373

Or

http://www.teamzmotorsports.net/product_p/tzmk-complete79-93.htm

If you have other suggestions, lets hear them!

Mods-I also posted this in the fox body section. I wasn't sure the best place to put it, so if you need to delete a thread please only delete one. Thanks! :beer:

Last edited:

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
I only have personal experience with the MM setup but have heard good things about Team Z. I'm not sure what you're looking to do with the car (street, strip, auto-x) but the MM setup is an awesome all-around package. The components are very high quality, powder coated black, zerk fittings, good ball joints, and detailed install instructions.

Regardless of which setup you go with, it is vital that you choose the correct spring rate to (1) match with your rear suspension setup (2) match the struts that you are using (ex: Bilsteins are good for up to a 325lb spring, a MM valved Bilstein must be used for over 325lb - once you go over 325lb on the front then a coil-over is required on the rear) and (3) to carry out what you want to accomplish with the car. Either package with the wrong spring rate will likely leave you disappointed and result in spending more money to correct the problem later. My best advice is to plan out your front and rear suspension at the same time. This will save you from having to change other parts in the future because you didn't match it to the rear suspension at the time. Here's a parts list used on my 93 fox:

Front:
03/04 Cobra steering rack
MM steering shaft assembly
MM bolt-through tie rod ends
MM K-member with 4.6 mounts
MM reverse-offset Tubular front arms (Poly)
MM Camber/caster plates
Bilstein HD struts
MM Coilover kit w/ 325lb Hypercoil springs
MM Front sway bar
MM Full-length subframe connectors
SN95 spindles

Rear:
MM Extreme Duty LCAs w/ adjust perch
MM Springs – 43TA7 (non-coilover)
MM Panhard Bar
MM Heavy Duty Torque Arm
MM rear sway bar #7
Bilstein HD shocks

blownfox

Established Member
Are the extreme duty lca loud? I've heard the are very noisy on the street.

tnuce10

Established Member
Tunedin - thanks for the advice. The car is an 88 GT and it will be a street/strip car with more street than strip.

Seems like you like to use as many products from one manufacturer as possible...I am the same way. And to be honest, I am leaning towards Team Z.

I had some questions earlier and literally had an answer within 5min, which I thought said a lot about the company. I definitely plan to talk to them before ordering anything and getting a plan put together for my car.

As of now, it is a shell on jack stands in my garage. I want every aspect of the car well thought out. I am trying to be patient with it but I am ready to start ordering parts!!! Haha

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
tnuce10 - good luck with the build and feel free to hit me up with questions :beer:

tnuce10

Established Member
^^thanks a lot!

It's going to be a few months before I even start on the suspension, but I'll save this thread because I will have tons of questions!

black89lx

Established Member
For the strip I would definitely go team z. It's pretty much all they do and Dave is damn good at what he does. Unless your car is sitting in the weeds I would look into his relocated uppers.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Are the extreme duty lca loud? I've heard the are very noisy on the street.

Kinda but if you want the best sometimes you have to accept the cons that come with it. Noise is increased for sure, ive been running mine for a few months but my car is racecar loud anyways so it doesnt bother me lol!

Last edited:

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
My personal experience on these 2 brands, both are great. But MM is the best for Auto-x, road course, drifting etc because its really heavy duty stuff and literally heavy each part as compared to drag race parts from team-z and UPR etc. For drag race straight line team Z is definitely the best choice, light weight good quaility parts that work and dont fail like UPR or QA-1.

Last edited:

tnuce10

Established Member
Wow, I don't get into the Fox section of the forum too often.

I totally forgot about this thread. Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Users who are viewing this thread