Tech: 2015 Mustang Powertrain Updates

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Whoa. I had wondered if the focus on the IRS center section might include any improvement in terms of added strength but I didn't expect anything that would add much mass. It wasn't as if pinion gears were failing behind the Trinity powered GT500. Sure sounds as if they have done this in preparation for some major shock loading. Good stuff!

Steve, I'm interested in the upcoming MT82 improvements. More specifically, the shifter. I take it the sloped support rods were added merely for display purposes as a measure to locate the aluminum block (also for display only) that resides where the rear bushing would normally be. Did Ford quote any relevant leverage ratio numbers in comparison to the S197 MT82 shifter? I'm just wondering if there was a "hands matching feet" change to either slow it down or speed it up as was done on the last GT500. And would you happen to have any other photos of the shifter you could post?

EditorTurner

Established Member
The support rods are for display purposes only.

There was no mention of the leverage ratio. We'll have to get to that next time, so you better get that list of questions for me. :)

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'm working on it.

200161854-001-office-desk-with-papers-piled-high-in-in-gettyimages.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread