Tell me what I need (2012 suspension)

grabber blue gt

Established Member
Ok well the one thing I never upgraded on my 2010 was the suspension, and I hate the "4x4" look so I would like to upgrade my suspension in the spring. I am not set on any type of lowering springs, but I am leaning towards Ford K springs, Eibach sports, or Steeda sports.

My question is what do I need to have the "correct/safe" setup? I do not auto cross or anything like that, just go around turns fast and stuff like that when the conditions permit.

I was planning on doing Lowering springs (any choice), Gt500 strut mounts or steeda hd mounts, BMR adj panhard bad, and Koni Srt shocks and struts.

I am also lost on the whole caster camber plates. I know you need to adjust them to get the correct alignment, but after I install everything and have an alignment done, does the shop know to do this? I am a noob when it comes to suspension so any help would be appreciated. Like I said I dont road race or anything just want to upgrade the handling a little and improve the look. Suggest any setups you like, or what works best. Also not looking to spend a ton of money (less than 2k)

wildaries83

Established Member
Look up strano performance. I have his setup currently and it is actually pretty decent as far as bumps and all are concerned. Get steeda springs, koni shocks/struts, gt500 mounts for lower area to and steeda mounts. He can explain this to you but bascially using the rubber under part of 500 and the steeda mounts. This will make you not need any camber plates. Also a pan hard bar. My other suggestion which is going to end up costing you more money is control arms. This is to prevent wheel hop. Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread