(Temperary) Self Tuning?

Scarpino

Established Member
Installing a 4# lower with a 2.75 upper.
Can I adjust the parameters myself with the Diablo Preditor to limp by for about 2 weeks before I get to the dyno? For example....adjust timing....adjust fuel pressure...etc.... I will be installing the TR-6's gapped at 0.35 when I install the lower.

Supporting mods:
Greg Evans FTVB
Steeda CAI
Flow Masters
C&L

Scarpino

Established Member
they have a pully tune. Just dont get into boost

True...it does have a pulley tune, but its tuned for 4# over. With a 2.75 upper and 4# lower...thats an additional 6#'s over. As long as I stay out of boost, I should be fine? I plan on installing it this weekend :banana: and then getting my tune in 2 weeks when I get a few more funds available. Think I'll hit the 400 club with this set-up?

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
should, the pulley tune is designed for 14lbs of boost, its designed to get you to the tuner for a custom tune

Last edited:

Scarpino

Established Member
noted....I guess I'll have to show some patience and put it on right before I go get tuned... but I am really anxious to know what kind of power I will be seeing with this new go fast part. One more question. Can the tuner load 2 tunes in the preditor? I want to get 1 for the simmer and one for the winter, but be able to return to stock if needed.

HMUSN

Established Member
yes it can but to have it correct you would have to tune in the winter and in the summer.

txyaloo

Established Member
noted....I guess I'll have to show some patience and put it on right before I go get tuned... but I am really anxious to know what kind of power I will be seeing with this new go fast part. One more question. Can the tuner load 2 tunes in the preditor? I want to get 1 for the simmer and one for the winter, but be able to return to stock if needed.

Two tunes depends on the model of Predator. The older ones will only hold 1 tune while the new ones hold 3.

I ran the 93 oct pulley tune for several months with my 6lb lower. My truck was extremely rich (in the high 9's/low 10's) with this tune. Yours may react differently, but the tunes in the Predator are fairly safe.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
You shouldn't need to adjust anything for now. Just limp it around like you said and you should be fine until you get it tuned.

x_man586

Going to UTI
Established Member
I have the sct with a tune from Lfp, and have been running it for a year. I just haven't had time to go get a tune lol. It is pretty safe. I have driven the truck in 30 degree and 100 degree weather with it. No lean issues, and am most likely running rich.

Users who are viewing this thread