terminator auto swap ?

Neksnap

Established Member
I just finished building a TH 400 for my 04 Terminator.....It has a rmvb with transbrake with engine braking as well. Normally the TH 400's with rmvb with a trans brake have no engine braking. So I can down shift from high gear ta 2nd and not worry about the trans free wheeling and the rpms dropping down ta idle. It is a valve body design ta be more street friendly.
I am using the JW ultra bell, JW the wheel flexplate and there crank hub adapter. I am also running a 3000-3200 stall. Using the stock tranny mount with some shims and a TH 400 energy suspension poly mount it works perfect in the stock mount location! Now I just got done with the install including the trans cooler and fan. Everything bolted in pretty damn clean like it was factory. All that is left is to measure for a new driveshaft as the stock one is now too short. I will get the car on the ground tomorrow for proper measurement and should have it ready by the end of the day. Also, I used a Hurst Quarter stick shifter in the stock location.....a lot of guys are relocating the shifter back by the cup holders but ta me its seems way too far back and awkward as by the time im in 3rd gear my hand is way past behind my hip? I like the stock location far better! If ya got any Q's on the build or swap I will be more than happy ta help ya out bro!

Demonio

Established Member
Yeah I would need some help, so where u get this valvebody from, I like the idea of slowing the car down like if was stick. Also what r u doing for wiring to make speedo work. What u doing to move the shifter to stock position. Do you have a build thread?
I just finished building a TH 400 for my 04 Terminator.....It has a rmvb with transbrake with engine braking as well. Normally the TH 400's with rmvb with a trans brake have no engine braking. So I can down shift from high gear ta 2nd and not worry about the trans free wheeling and the rpms dropping down ta idle. It is a valve body design ta be more street friendly.
I am using the JW ultra bell, JW the wheel flexplate and there crank hub adapter. I am also running a 3000-3200 stall. Using the stock tranny mount with some shims and a TH 400 energy suspension poly mount it works perfect in the stock mount location! Now I just got done with the install including the trans cooler and fan. Everything bolted in pretty damn clean like it was factory. All that is left is to measure for a new driveshaft as the stock one is now too short. I will get the car on the ground tomorrow for proper measurement and should have it ready by the end of the day. Also, I used a Hurst Quarter stick shifter in the stock location.....a lot of guys are relocating the shifter back by the cup holders but ta me its seems way too far back and awkward as by the time im in 3rd gear my hand is way past behind my hip? I like the stock location far better! If ya got any Q's on the build or swap I will be more than happy ta help ya out bro!

Users who are viewing this thread