Testing the waters: possibly for sale a 97 KB RR Cobra

Toasty

Established Member
I hope the mods dont mind this post, as the market section here is very US centric and my best bet for finding someone interested in my car would be in Western Canada.

I'm thinking about selling my 97 Rio Red Cobra.

130,xxx KMs
Many mods, including

Engine and Trans
=============
1.5 KB with 39lb injectors, 90mm LMAF, 255 walbro and a custom SCT tune
(puts down 330 hp/tq on a MD dyno at 7.5 psi and 91 octane and bottle of Lucas octane boost - about the same as a stock 03-04)
FRPP 03-04 Rad
FRPP 03-04 Alum flywheel and clutch/pp and new clutch cable/tob/pilot bearing last summer
new T-45 last summer ( and still have old one for a rebuild project)
FRPP alum driveshaft
all pulleys and idlers replaced
brand new ford alt last summer
brand new correct ford battery
brand new iac and tps OEM
MGW shifter

Rear
====
3.73 gears in stock 28 spline posi. Posi completely rebuilt and packed with extra clutch discs when rebuilt with new carrier, pinion bearing/crush sleeve/seal and axle bearings.

Suspension and brakes
=================
oem brakes all around
oem front rotors
new front 03-04 cobra control arms
new front wheel hubs
FRPP B lowering springs
Tokico HP (blue) Shocks struts
Maximum Motorsports (M/M) Bumpsteer kit
MM 4 bolt caster camber plates
MM rear LCA's.
Poly rack bushings and poly front swaybar endlink bushings.

Wheels and Tires
=============
Factory 97 SVT rims with 245/45/17 rubber (mediocre shape rubber and rims)
18x9 2000 Cobra R replica rims with 275/18/35 BFG-KDW2 rubber all around 50-60% all round (2 seasons old)

Tuning and engine monitoring
======================
SCT X3 handheld tuner
Custom dyno tune by Matt at The Mustang Shop
Zeitronix ZT-2 Wideband A/F sensor and data collection box
Zeitronix ZR-2 A/F digital gauge (also tapped into tps voltage line to ECu to datalog tps voltage for tuning purposes).
SCT Proracer package for doing your own EEC-IV tuning on this car (started to get into it but never got far enough to do my own tune). This package is bound to the VIN and the ECU of this car and so will come with the car. Will have to check with SCT if the license is name transferrable to you.

Interior
======
Replaced a bunch of interior parts with OEM replacements from latemodelresto (door inserts, gauge cluster clear cover, etc etc etc).
FR500 Steering Wheel

Extras
======
Original intake, imrcs, maf, radiator,cc plates, etc etc etc (I've kept almost everything I replace unless it was really shot - like the original alternator)
Teksid block (was planning a forged stroker shortblock)
Most of the bits for a 03-04 eaton swap minus the blower/inlet tube/tb ( I have pulley bridge. alternator brackets, IC/lower intake, H/E, etc etc.
Smoked front headlamps
Wolfe Car cover
KB install instructions, pulley change tool, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 and 12 psi pulleys (came with KB when purchased, have never run the 9-10 or 12 psi pulleys).
A new set of FRPP 9mm plug wires.
Building 4.6 engines book by Sean Hyland and the DVD
High Performance Mustang Builders Guide 1996-2004
SVT certificate from SVT
Original Ford Dealer DVD showing a tons of aspects about teh 1996-1998 SVT Cobra (ebay purchased DVD)
Most receipts for work done on the car

The bad
--------
Paint is a C on a A-F scale. The RR shines up nicely but there are plenty of stone chips, small scrapes, and door dings. Front passenger fender needs realignment after a very minor mishap with a parking pole/'bullard' (barely noticeable). Car needs paint and a minimal amount of bodyshop love to really be perfect.
Windshield has a crack on passenger right side. Needs replacing. Was planning on having car painted and then having windshield replaced.
Front leather seats have some dye that is wearing off/through - small spots. No tears or cracks however.

The good
---------

Car has been very well maintained. Purchased new at Advantage Ford in Calgary by the original owner. I am the second owner, and I am still occasionally in contact with the original owner (who bought a marauder). I have tried to put the best in parts into this car and have compliments on the way it looks and how it drives/feels. Matt at TMS in Calgary said it feels like a car with 30k on the clock - nice and tight.

Reason for selling
----------------

I've kinda lost interest in the car and more upgrades/mods. A house renovation is a big distraction for me these days and I don't have the time or the money or time to give this car what it needs to turn it into what I really want (a 2.8 KB C headed monster in a SN-95 cloak).

I'm looking to get 15K CDN dollars for it with everything listed above. I am not interested in parting pieces out at this time.

Send me a PM if you are interested. I have some pics from when I bought the car 5 years ago and can snap a couple with the car cover off in the garage (a little dusty and only one side and car is on wheel casters and pushed to one corner of the garage right now).

Toasty.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread