Texas area GTG: 08/22-24 @ Texas World Speedway

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Hey guys, glad some of you can make it. We're calling the Manor House tomorrow to see how they're booked up so we'll get to the bottom of that. Also wanted to let you guys know that we will NOT be having concessions at the track. Apparantly the company that was going to supply us for food/drinks is coming from somewhere 150 miles away and wanted a garantee of "x" amount of dollars in purchases and we couldn't give them that. Bring PLENTY of fluids to drink, and stuff to munch on. College Station is only 4 miles up the road so we can all go grab something to eat or make food runs if needed. Can't wait till next weekend. :rolling:

Mike

PS. if you're planning on coming to drive and haven't told me yet, PLEASE e-mail me([email protected]) so I can see how many instructors we'll be needing for the "beginner" groups. Thanks.

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Spoke with Manor House, Holiday Inn, and Days Inn and all had booking that prevented getting a room for Fri and Sat night.

I did find the Motel 6 at 979-696-3379 had rooms avail for about $47.

I got a room at the Hampton Inn at 979-846-0184 at $71. Hamption Inn. They only had a smoking king rooms avail. But they do give you free DSL internet connection if you got a laptop.

If you don't have reservations, you better book them. Something has got alot of activity in College Station that is filling up the hotels that weekend. They do have a scrimmage game at the college that weekend.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
The Ags are moving into dorm rooms that weekend that's why the rooms are being booked pretty quickly. Shouldn't bother us much as we won't be in CS during the day. :up:

May cause a problem Sat night if we all want to go out to eat together....I'm suggesting Texas Roadhouse...steak place.....VERY GOOD FOOD!!!!!!!!

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
I got mu room booked and will be staying at the Manor House, YAAA

Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
The Ags are moving into dorm rooms that weekend that's why the rooms are being booked pretty quickly. Shouldn't bother us much as we won't be in CS during the day. :up:

May cause a problem Sat night if we all want to go out to eat together....I'm suggesting Texas Roadhouse...steak place.....VERY GOOD FOOD!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread