The GT500KR to be unveiled Today

69b302

Established Member
I a little disappointed. I was hoping for the TVS.

2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR – Specifications and Design Highlights
• 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 producing estimated 540-horsepower and 510 ft.-lbs. of torque
• Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack featuring revised calibration and cold air intake system
• 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
• Ford Racing performance exhaust system
• Unique performance suspension tuning: springs, dampers, and stabilizer bars
• Shelby-designed ‘GT500KR’ 20-inch wheels (18-inch version for production)
• Ford Racing short-throw shifter and front strut tower brace
• Unique carbon composite hood featuring classic Shelby ‘KR’ design
• Front brake cooling ducts
• ‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear decklid
• 40th Anniversary badges on the front quarter panels
• Carroll Shelby signature embroidered headrests and floor mats
• Official Shelby CSM 40th Anniversary GT500KR dash plate

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
NOW this car should be the one with the mark up!

Being shipped to Shelby for the work to be done to it.

These are the collector / investor cars, not the regular GT500.

69b302

Established Member
It has been referenced that the KR package will be available for GT500s from SA, same as the 40th package. I am sure the SA markup will be significant over the DIY approach. At 1000 KR units are am curious to see the market prices,

shakerb

Established Member
Is it safe to assume these KRs are in addition to the regular production allotment for the GT500? I would just like to see a larger overall volume to help in accelerating the demise of the ADMs.

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
I was hopeing for an ALUMINUM BLOCK. I love the SHELBY lettering on the hood and the GT500KR lettering on the stripes. I would consider paying the $1000 ADM on that car!

manOwar

Established Member
bobosfocus said:
I was hopeing for an ALUMINUM BLOCK. I love the SHELBY lettering on the hood and the GT500KR lettering on the stripes. I would consider paying the $1000 ADM on that car!
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.

Sharon Elliott said:
According to sources, we've learned that Shelby is working on, yes, an ever-nastier version of the 2007 GT500 / 2008 GT500KR. The yet to be named GT500xx variant will feature a twin screw blower that will pack a punch as powerful as Shelby's Texas Chili. In fact, a 600+ horsepower GT500xx might be an under statement. Now that's a spicy bowl of chili.

wish Ford would build more then 1000 units. Maybe if we contacted Ford-Performance ,or Ford corporate,or even Shelby American we could convience Ford too build more then just 1000,units. It's a matter of demand,and for Ford too supply. It's easy to say this but if enough of us try it just may happen. I'm sure Mr Shelby would not mind the extra money that he's allready making on it.
Could you iminiage the profit that he could put in his Heart-Foundation,that he repsenting and also in his personal banking account. Who knows just a thought to throw out there.
If enough phone calls too Ford who knows what Ford might do.It does not hurt too try. So why not enough of us FLOOD Fords phone lines and ask this requist,or even the e-mail Ford this request for this too happen . Who knows what power we have as consummers and Mustang owners and Mustang Clubs can do if we all stick together as one VOICE. Let's attempt this you never know. Just my thoughts but what do i know. I know I'd like to own one a shelby Gt500[KR] at a reasonable MSRP,and yes no ADM if possible. At least it being reasonable,and not too where as consummers we cannot afford to get more in debit on it. Again just a thought!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread