THE IRS SWAP

ron williams

Established Member
HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS SWAPPED OUT THE "IRS" FOR A STRAIGHT AXLE ON A 2001? IF SO,DID YOU BUY A NEW ONE OR A USED ONE? AND,HOW DIFFICULT WAS IT?THANKS

WIKD 281

Established Member
I did the swap on my 99. It wasnt hard at all just need some time and some tools. The 01 should be the same thing but I'm not sure. There is a list of parts that you will need, you can do a search on www.corral.net/forums
If you do not find it I can post again here if you would like, I will have to search for a list of what you will need. I bought a used GT rearend for $1250.
Hope this helps.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by ron williams
HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS SWAPPED OUT THE "IRS" FOR A STRAIGHT AXLE ON A 2001? IF SO,DID YOU BUY A NEW ONE OR A USED ONE? AND,HOW DIFFICULT WAS IT?THANKS

If you do the swap with a 99+ GT rearend and you want some 31 Spline axles. I have a pair of used(300 miles) ones that you can basically have them. Just send me an email and we can talk about it.

MC Cobra

Established Member
I'm doing the swap, hopefully in 2 weeks. I bought a used 99 GT rearend complete disc to disc w/ all abs & t/c wires for $600. It was a steal, thing only had 6K miles on it, everything was new inside. I upgraded to an Eaton posi, 31 spline Superior axles and 3.73 gears. I'm also installing H&R race springs, Bilstein shocks, MM adj. LCAs, FRPP HD UCAs and FMS alum. d/s
I'll be doing the install myself in my garage so I'll let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread