The Last Ride - Opinions?

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Anyone see it last night? I didn't get to see the whole thing, but the impression I got from what I did see was the story wasn't that bad, but the cine-photography sucked. Couldn't stand all the slow-mo, then to really fast, then back to slow mo type camera work. Driving could have been a bit better. What does everyone else think?

66GT350

Established Member
Was this the Pontiac GTO product placement effort thinly disguised as a made-for-TV movie?

If so, I'll pass on comment, I don't want to get back on my "only The General could debase a true icon of the muscle car era by importing an Australian Holden and sticking a GTO badge on it" soapbox.

Ooooops....guess I did:lol:

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Lolz, no, I totally agree with you there. It must be selling REAL bad for GM to make a movie just to advertise there GTO. And of course, they had to go the Fast Furious route by adding a body kit to it. I loved how they brought up how much faster it is than they say it is and how the cops didn't stand a chance. Wonderful marketing. :lol:

Last edited:

rmgtc01

Established Member
The movie sucked, nice marketing scheme though.

Just some advice to the producers, like in movies suck as gone in 60 seconds, the cops never stood a chance...couldn't even catch it. So next time if you want to out run the cops....you might want to do it with a

COBRA!!!

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Originally posted by shaved99gt
does anyone else think the new GTO looks like a honda at first glance from the rear?

Before or after they put the bodykit in the movie? lolz. I love the part when he dives in between 2 trailers. Now, gotta ask what are those doing in there in that type of street in the 1st place? And cops can't be so blind to not notice him sitting there. Amazing how traffic and pedestrians seem to disappear during a city car chase. With all the ass kissing to the GTO, I was ready to see the car talk too, lolz, wouldn't be the first talking black pontiac. :kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread