The Raptor will never sell! Lol...

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I always laughed at the people who said the Raptor was pointless and would flop. Here's a little something to shut them up.

Ford takes more than 1,500 orders for F-150 SVT Raptor

Ford takes more than 1,500 orders for F-150 SVT Raptor
08/12/2009, 3:20 PMBY ANDREW GANZ

Ford says that more than 1,500 orders have been placed for its radical, high-performance off road-oriented F-150 SVT Raptor truck – a figure that has maxed out capacity at the automaker’s River Rouge plant in Michigan.

The automaker says that more than 40 percent of the trucks ordered so far have been swathed in either Molten Orange or Tuxedo black and that most have been loaded up with a moonroof, the Luxury package (which includes heated seats and a premium audio system, among other features) and that over half have been equipped with the exterior graphics package.

As is the case with most high-performance vehicles, a good number of SVT Raptors will be tucked away as collectibles – Ford says about 16 percent of the mostly male buyers claim they purchased the truck because of its collectible value. Only 31 percent, however, say that they purchased the F-150 SVT Raptor for its off road ability.
Leftlane will be behind the wheel of a Raptor soon and we’ll be sure to report back our first drive impressions.

Got to say I'm a little surprised at the number of people who think they'll be a collectors item. I can see them being like the Typhoons and Cyclones in the future but certainly nothing rare.

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Yeah, two of my friends are managers at stores and they have multiple orders. Not too mention that they both sold the first two they got.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Ugh, those 'collector guys' need to get a life. Collect old cars that were rare. I just don't see newer cars being that collectable unless its super limited production like an Enzo. Let people that want to use new cars/trucks buy them. Such a waste to buy a cool truck like this and store it in a damn garage all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread