The Splitter

BRIMSTONE

Hey guys,

I am having a hard time getting a Cobra R front splitter in good condition. We are having trouble getting the paint to stick on the one Jason sent us, we think the ones SVT has in their wherehouse are defective, don't know for sure though, but even the experts can't get the paint to stick. Jason said they were leftovers and Ford Racing has newer ones, but of course those are on backorder. Kind of sucks that a real Cobra R owner has to wait several months to get a replacement part while other Mustang and Cobra owners are taken care of first. The Ford Racing Rep. showed me NO LOVE!

I will say though that I appreciate some of the Ford guys for supporting us not for money but just to help.

So if anyone can help me locate a good front splitter, I would really appreciate it, please email me: [email protected].

Mike

Andy M

Established Member
Mike,

Just after purchasing the R last August, I called SVT and spoke with Jayson Demchak over there and he sent me a splitter. Of course, it came with no DZUS fasteners, no forks, nothing... just the holes cut out to accept the DZUS fasteners. I still have it sitting in my storage unit waiting to be painted. So, you are saying I will likely have a problem getting paint to stick to this thing???

Additionally, I just ordered one from Ford Racing (guess I will also play the waiting game??) so that I could have one with all of the accessories on it. These are supposed to come with all the fasteners AND the forks underneath.

I am planning to bring all three of them to my paint guy when the new one arrives, so he paint all of them at the same time. He will be repairing the original to fix the tears on the corners, and then respraying it along with the other new ones.

I intend to use the repaired re-painted one for track and street use only, and will store the other two for when I enter the car in a show and I need one with absolutely no scratches on it.

Keep us posted on this situation?...

1Fast R

The splitter we ordered and had painted does not seem to have a problem with the paint sticking. It is in the basement for safe keeping for when we put the R in a show and use the original for driving around town. We don't race our R.

TimB

Established Member
front splitter

I have one front splitter that SVT sent to me and have had no problems with the paint sticking to it.My painter used dupont products and their newest flex agent and it's as good as my factory piece.

Users who are viewing this thread