The what is wrong with your car thread

stang910

Established Member
this is normal and theres no fix

This is not normal, my other 2011 doesn't engage/disengage at the bottom of the pedal and it shifts just like it was new. In fact in engages/disengages at the top of the pedal like mine used to. If I put the car in 1st and rev the engine with the clutch in the car will move forward...... alot. I'm guessing my pressure plate bolts are backing out.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
love the car, just is a little different to shift, i used to have a 95gt with a t-56, its like night and day with those two transmission, i think once all the bugs are out of the mt-82 it will be a great transmission.

wbt

Banned
For those with the starter issue, my resolution was to disconnect the battery for 10 min. and reconnect when the car was new. Haven't had a single issue since and sitting at 6,500 now. ;)

TermNewb

Banned
This is not normal, my other 2011 doesn't engage/disengage at the bottom of the pedal and it shifts just like it was new. In fact in engages/disengages at the top of the pedal like mine used to. If I put the car in 1st and rev the engine with the clutch in the car will move forward...... alot. I'm guessing my pressure plate bolts are backing out.

wow! so you put the clutch all the way down, and hitting the gas makes the car drive forward. thats super messed up! i can't see any dealer not servicing that problem. it goes against the laws of manual transmissions.

Users who are viewing this thread