**thinkin bout buying a 03 roush stage 1 for 13K have a few questions first

bluestang1724

Established Member
i was really wanting to buy a termi but this roush seems like a good deal, its a stage 1 with bout 38K miles and he only wants 13k for it, hes works with my wife's mom, it was his wife's car but she had a stroke so she cant drive it anymore, so whats the diff with the stages 1, 2, 3 of those years? he said there were only 26 black stage 1 roush's made that year, is that true? and what upgrades does it have over a regular gt? i dont kno much bout the roush's also, what should i look for? thanks -nick-

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
someone correct me if im wrong but i believe stage 1 roushs are just gt's with a body kit

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
I dont think I have ever even seen a Stage 1 in person. But yea, if a Stage 2 is just the bodykit, suspension, and CAI then the Stage 1 is probably just the body components. It is a GT correct? I know that Roush did some V6 cars with the Stage 1 package too.

Stage2Roush2002

Established Member
Stage 1 can be either a V6 or a V8.

They come with body kits, interior and exhaust. No suspension work like the Stage 2 or 3.

If it is authentic it will have a plaque on the inside by the steering wheel. Also the door jam will have a sticker with a production number and a serial number.

I am assuming it is a Stage 1 V8 with a 5 speed then it is 1 out of 26 made. http://www.fnsweet.com/about/index2.shtml

Stage 1 = Body Kit, Exhaust, and Interior (Can be wither a V6 or V8)

Stage 2 = Body Kit, Exhaust, Interior, Suspension and Cold Air Intake (Only V8)

Stage 3 = Stage 3 Body Kit, Exhaust, Interior, Suspension, and Roush Supercharger. (Only V8)

I have a stage 2 for sale. Send me a offer and I can make a good deal.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...68/572555-2002-stage-2-roush-convertible.html

Last edited:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Yep...hell for 13k you could pick up a 99-04 4V and possibly have $$$ left over.

5speed Mach 1's are all over the place for 13k. And most of those are sub 50k miles too. Roush cars are cool as hell, but I would rather get some bang for my 13k. Enter the 4valve:rockon:

bluestang1724

Established Member
what i dont get is that it has the stage 3 body kit on it and has the gt hood scoop on it. did the stage 1's come like that? b/c i kno the stage 2's have a diff front bumper.

Head4ThaHillz

So What....It's a Six
Established Member
Nice looking car. It's a stage 1 says it on the plaque, just a GT with a body kit that Roush put on so it's a Legit S1. But for that price I'd find 2g more and get a Mach1. I'm in SC too, I've seen some Mach1's in the 14,500-15,000 in someplaces..Your choice though man, it's a Clean looking ride.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
save up for the cobra. Thats just a GT with body kit on it. 1 of 26 isnt really worth much for a stage 1. I know a guy that lives near me with the exact same car...

Users who are viewing this thread