Thinking about a GT500 spoiler? Own a GT? WAIT!

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Well I thought I would just give a heads up to the GT owners that are or were thinking about a GT500 style spoiler. This may have been covered before...idk. I didnt see it.

Well I read the info on it before I bought it and saw it say if you have a CS spoiler it will have holes exposed. Well me being a dumbass I didnt know they put CS spoilers on non CS packaged cars?

Well anyways I realized it when I was taking the bolts out. Ill just have the body shop fill the holes in. At this point I said f it...this bitch is getting on one way or another. Something about the other spoiler I just freaking hated. It does look much better than the stock spoiler though. The worst part is driving this hooptie around until the stripes put on the spoiler and holes filled....which is hopefully only a day.

zciw.jpg

Last edited:

FIVEHOE

Established Member
damn that blows, haven't seen anything posted up about that before

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I ran into the same problem, the spoiler comes in the accessory pack 5. Was a bitch to find out and fix. had to get the whole trunk painted over

sob i figured that was gonna be the case. I guess Ill wait on that having that spoiler striped until it gets fixed. I dont trust anyone in a shop with my car so I'm only dropping off the trunk lid :D

SCalla1384

Established Member
Is that down to primer? That sucks.

I do hear you, I have a love hate relationship with the CS spoiler. I think it looks okay from certain angles. But looking out the rear view mirror it does get in the way. I'd love to put a GT500 spoiler on, I may do it, and have a body shop fill the holes and paint it.

GT500 spoiler definitely looks the best.

GBCoyote

Established Member
That's going to have to be completely prepped and painted over once more. In all of Ford's genius moves, mess the entire trunk up instead of having clean holes drilled.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Won't be for a while man. I might just try to find someone with a white GT and a plain trunk lid to trade with. Not sure though

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Ugh...That sucks. I have heard of this before though however...Not talked about too much on here. IMO, the GT500 Spoiler is worth the headache. I like it soooo much better than the CS.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Is that down to primer? That sucks.

I do hear you, I have a love hate relationship with the CS spoiler. I think it looks okay from certain angles. But looking out the rear view mirror it does get in the way. I'd love to put a GT500 spoiler on, I may do it, and have a body shop fill the holes and paint it.

GT500 spoiler definitely looks the best.
agreed, I think it looks good at a side profile but, rear angle...not so much.

Ugh...That sucks. I have heard of this before though however...Not talked about too much on here. IMO, the GT500 Spoiler is worth the headache. I like it soooo much better than the CS.

:beer:

IGO 202

Established Member
I found out about the extra holes a few months ago and made a post about it.
Bought a prepainted GT500 spoiler (looked great) from AM, called them and they were unaware of the situation. They promptly refunded my money and paid for the return shipping.....good service.

I recently found a base Mustang with spoiler delete and was gonna swap deck lids and buy another GT500 spoiler but ran into a hassle trying to swap out the deck panel since the faux gas caps were different.
The trunk shocks were different part numbers too so I didn't know for sure if the added weight of the spoiler would cause the trunk no to lift properly, figured it would all the way up but didn't know about partial openings.

I personally don't like the CS spoilers, love the looks of the GT500!
I'm on a quest and will get one sometime soon.
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread