thinking about getting a marauder

96cobra8u

mystic slobra
Established Member
Hey guys I have been contemplating selling my cobra and picking up a marauder. I found one at a local dealership that has 131k miles and they are asking 13,000 for it.

I was just wandering what are some things I should look for problem wise with these cars?

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Thats to high a price for the mileage trust me. I sold my mint black 03 for 14.5 and it only had 75K. Shop around and you will be bale to fond a better deal. as far as problems they are pretty problem free. Biggest thing is make sure the car was well maintained. They are very prone to wearing out rear tires, mainly cause of the weight of the car. Sometimes tires are a pain to get cause they always seem to be on back order. I would love to have another marauder, I really miss mine.

Joe

96cobra8u

mystic slobra
Established Member
Thanks i am fairly confident I could get them down lower since they have had it on the lot for like 2 months and the dealer doesn't like keeping used cars for more then a couple months.

JWMclane3

Tutored by an '03 Cobra
Established Member
There's GOT to be something a little more resonable (lower mileage, better asking price) near you. There aren't a whole hell of a lot of these cars, so you may want to expand your search out to 100 miles (or a couple hours ride) from home to get a good comparison. The work will be worth it. I live in CT and found mine on Long Island (a small commute up in these parts). And that was after looking in the 100 mile range (and only coming up with 4 to look at).

Top problems? Don't really know of any. Paint is of a concern (blistering, poor quality...from the factory...not just from crash repair) on some (usually black ones).

There are a few TSB's...and the most picky glitch seems to involve the wiper motor/wiring and is usually taken care of (the symptoms of a failing wiper motor/chaffed wiring are obvious and you can't live with them...hence they are usually fixed right away).

Blacks are the most numerous, blue ones can be difficult to find and more expensive. Red and silver are in the middle...but again there aren't too many of these so the right one (no matter what the color) can be hard to find.

The prevailing forums on the web for TONS AND TONS AND TONS of free information are mercurymarauder.net and motorcitymarauders.com. There are other clubs around the country that have their own presence on the web, but these two sites I can soundly recommend.

Happy hunting. These cars get in your bloodstream and affect you in a good way. They are just so damn neat...I'm never getting rid of mine.

Best,
Jonathan

96cobra8u

mystic slobra
Established Member
Hey thanks I think that the search I have done was either 100 or 200 miles and that s the only one that showed up around here. I just kindof came across this one while I was at the dealer looking at a silverado.

nocarey

Established Member
Don't give up, keep searching, one will pop up. Just be sure to look everyday, they don't stay listed very long. And try to find one with a reasonable price tag, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread