Thinking of joining the dark side...

Krab

These raptors have been growing on me and I've been giving some serious thought to making this my next purchase. Any advice on what to look for? I'd like to purchase a new one, but would be willing to buy a used one in like new condition. Anything to stay away from? What options should I get? Are the super crew versions significantly slower than the super cab? Any help is appreciated.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Your best bet would be to find a dealer that will sell under MSRP, order a new one, and wait patiently. Some people are able to get them for a few hundred over invoice. Once a dealer has a Raptor on their lot without a customer's name attached to it, they're going to want top dollar. And then some.

As far as options go, the luxury package is a must. Then add whatever you wish or your budget allows.

The 6.2 moves a Super Cab along pretty good and I doubt the Crew Cabs are all that much slower.

Good luck. I hope it works out for you.

walt

ZL1 for lunch
Established Member
If buying used, make sure you get the 6.2 and not the 5.4 in the early ones.

coolidge

Established Member
Wait a few months for the 2013's they will have factory projector headlamps. Truck headlamps suck, doesn't matter if they are Ford, Dodge, or Chevy they all suck so its one upgrade I'd actually wait for. There is also a rumor they will offer 1 new color called Tundra.

Krab

Yeah, I'm looking at buying new and having the navigation/luxury package as one of the options I'm getting on it as well as the spray on bed liner. I don't want the moonroof as I've had convertibles/T-tops and don't want to deal with that again. Projection headlights for 2013 models? That sounds interesting.

Most of the dealers I've visited want ~3k above MSRP and at that point I just walk away. I'm leaning towards the Red or dark shadow gray colors and am probably going with a super crew model. Anything else I should look out for?

swordjr24

WNALOSE
Established Member
I've been thinking about selling my 03 Harley Davidson & possibly getting a raptor as well. Hopefully some more post will be made in here...

Users who are viewing this thread